Surf is UP!

Beefy

Worst gambler ever
MAybe I'll play hookey on work tomorrow. Potentially the largest swell in 40 years, 50-60' faces....

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20091206/NEWS12/912060360/Oahu+braces+for+monster+surf

""This well could be the biggest surf in the past decade — and possibly the biggest since 1969," said Randy Rarick, executive director of the Triple Crown of Surfing.

A big swell generated by a pair of extraordinarily powerful storms north by northwest of Hawai'i is expected to arrive tonight and produce waves of up to 40 feet by early tomorrow, with 50-foot sets on the outer reefs through Tuesday night, according to the weather service. The waves will remain above warning levels through Wednesday, it said.
"

MAybe I'll play hookey on work tomorrow. Potentially the largest swell in 40 years, 50-60' faces....

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20091206/NEWS12/912060360/Oahu+braces+for+monster+surf

""This well could be the biggest surf in the past decade — and possibly the biggest since 1969," said Randy Rarick, executive director of the Triple Crown of Surfing.

A big swell generated by a pair of extraordinarily powerful storms north by northwest of Hawai'i is expected to arrive tonight and produce waves of up to 40 feet by early tomorrow, with 50-foot sets on the outer reefs through Tuesday night, according to the weather service. The waves will remain above warning levels through Wednesday, it said.
"
As a kid I surfed in California. Zuma, Mission, Malibu Half Moon etc. 10 foot waves were killer for me. The thought of 50' faces is almost enough to induce hyperventalation. Take pictures if you go, and leave word with next of kin to let us know if you disappear.

HOLY SHIT! I read that article. Bradshaw rode an 85 foot wave taken in on a tow line. That is IN SANE!

As a kid I surfed in California. Zuma, Mission, Malibu Half Moon etc. 10 foot waves were killer for me. The thought of 50' faces is almost enough to induce hyperventalation. Take pictures if you go, and leave word with next of kin to let us know if you disappear.

all I have to say is Beefy... don't just take pictures... take VIDEO and post it on youtube.... link us up man...

I have never attempted surfing... one of these days I might have to give her a go...

It has to be exposing the ring of coral around the island... I wouldn't go out there, it's shallow enough normally to make me pause...

Damn! Eddie Aikau invitational today, swells up to 50' at Waimea, legendary surf unseen in decades, and my ass was fuckin around with a stupid network problem on the Kapiolani corridor...

Fuck, everyone was there. This was the first Aikau invitational since 2004 and it had to fall on a Tuesday when I had a shitload of business to do.

I missed it. Dammit.

Back