Tainted Chinese wheat behind US pet poisonings

uscitizen

Villified User
Tainted Chinese wheat behind US pet poisonings: report
Mar 23 12:08 PM US/Eastern

Investigators have reportedly found a rodent-killing chemical sprayed on imported Chinese wheat in the tainted pet food that has killed several animals in the US and Canada.

"A source close to the investigation tells ABC News that the rodenticide, which the source says is illegal to use in the United States, was on wheat that was imported from China and used by Menu Foods in nearly 100 brands of dog and cat food," the US network said in its website.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070323160755.ayf41dzr&show_article=1

So we won't wind up with illegal in the USA rodentcides (poison) in our pet food.
I wonder what might happen with imported food destined for human consumption....

So we won't wind up with illegal in the USA rodentcides (poison) in our pet food.
I wonder what might happen with imported food destined for human consumption....
Same source, dude. And they rely on those sending it here to check.

What about European wheat?

Chinese wheat is of course of a lower quality, but this was mostly a freak accident, it seems. We've been importing wheat from other countries since 1776, and this is the only time I've ever heard of it being poisoned. It could've just as easily happened in the US.

After all, we rely on the people who send the food to us to check it, even if it came from the US. You ignore that this is an individual transaction.

What about European wheat?

Chinese wheat is of course of a lower quality, but this was mostly a freak accident, it seems. We've been importing wheat from other countries since 1776, and this is the only time I've ever heard of it being poisoned. It could've just as easily happened in the US.
Not in this manner, the poision used is illegal in the USA, probably for this reason...

After all, we rely on the people who send the food to us to check it, even if it came from the US. You ignore that this is an individual transaction.

Manufactures do no imcoming Quality checks ? They deserve what they get then. I will never buy any products that I know came from that company.

And why does being US food automatically mean something was checked the best that anything else was checked in the whole damn world?

As I said before the poision found in the whet product imported from China was illegal in thei country. Mnay peaticides and such used in other countries are illegal here.
Just a matter of time till a similiar incident happens with human food imported from other countries. Especially with industry operating on the honor system.

Yeah, true. You're taking a more of a risk whenever you buy foreign wheat. But should we not by ANY foreign wheat because of that?

I dod not say that. Any responsible industry should inspect bought products to ensure they are getting what they pay for. and to ensure the safety of their product. Balming it on the supplier is just a cop out.

Back