Talk about cutting govt waste

uscitizen

Villified User
Pentagon Paid $998,798 to Ship Two 19-Cent Washers (Update3)

By Tony Capaccio

Aug. 16 (Bloomberg) -- A small South Carolina parts supplier collected about $20.5 million over six years from the Pentagon for fraudulent shipping costs, including $998,798 for sending two 19-cent washers to an Army base in Texas, U.S. officials said.

The company also billed and was paid $455,009 to ship three machine screws costing $1.31 each to Marines in Habbaniyah, Iraq, and $293,451 to ship an 89-cent split washer to Patrick Air Force Base in Cape Canaveral, Florida, Pentagon records show.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=ardg6DwCCMFI&refer=home

But we have to cut off welfare first!

Already did in KY you get a credit card type of thing now.

But I agree bring back commodities, give em food instead of buying credit.

The company also billed and was paid $455,009 to ship three machine screws costing $1.31 each to Marines in Habbaniyah, Iraq, and $293,451 to ship an 89-cent split washer to Patrick Air Force Base in Cape Canaveral, Florida

This is a good gig, if you can get it.

Sign me up!

By Tony Capaccio

Aug. 16 (Bloomberg) -- A small South Carolina parts supplier collected about $20.5 million over six years from the Pentagon for fraudulent shipping costs, including $998,798 for sending two 19-cent washers to an Army base in Texas, U.S. officials said.

The company also billed and was paid $455,009 to ship three machine screws costing $1.31 each to Marines in Habbaniyah, Iraq, and $293,451 to ship an 89-cent split washer to Patrick Air Force Base in Cape Canaveral, Florida, Pentagon records show.

Reminds me of coffee pots and hammers!

Surely if it costs nearly a million American pounds to ship two washers you should be increasing the military budget.

Imagine how much it's going to cost to ship a whole tank. That'll have to go by recorded delivery, at least, and if there's nobody to sign for it when it arrives you're going to be in a world of trouble.

By Tony Capaccio

You've got to be kidding me?

Besides for fraud charges, the employee of the United States Government who signed off on this bill, should be fired. Think about how many people saw this bill. In accounting. There was an AP person who paid this bill. Give me a break.

What was it they said in ID4?... You don't think they actually spent $20000 on toilet seats do you?

;)

You've got to be kidding me?

Besides for fraud charges, the employee of the United States Government who signed off on this bill, should be fired. Think about how many people saw this bill. In accounting. There was an AP person who paid this bill. Give me a break.

It requires government auditors and oversight to catch these shennanigans.

Remember Bu$hCo. and their fans, demoted or fired that one gal, who worked as an auditer at the DOD, and who was catching illegal crap like this?

Remember Bu$hCo. and their fans, demoted or fired that one gal, who worked as an auditer at the DOD, and who was catching illegal crap like this?
I also remember some talk of bushco trying to get rid of the GAO....

Criminals can't have watchdogs around....

No, I don't. I guess that's one of their dirty deeds that slipped by me. It's very hard to keep up with them all.

Back