Tancredo wants U.S. to abandon New Orleans

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
But, a trillion dollars for Iraq, and tens of billions of fraud for Halliburton, et al? Hey, no problem!

Tancredo slams Katrina spending
By Klaus Marre

August 31, 2007

GOP presidential hopeful Rep. Tom Tancredo (Colo.) said Friday it is “time the taxpayer gravy train left the New Orleans station” and urged an end to the federal aid to the region that was devastated by Hurricane Katrina two years ago.

“The amount of money that has been wasted on these so-called ‘recovery’ efforts has been mind-boggling,” said Tancredo, who is running a long-shot presidential campaign. “Enough is enough.”

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/tancredo-slams-katrina-spending-2007-08-31.html

“At some point, state and local officials and individuals have got to step up to the plate and take some initiative,” said Tancredo. “The mentality that people can wait around indefinitely for the federal taxpayer to solve all their worldly problems has got to come to an end.”

I guess in order to pull yourself up by your bootstraps the first thing you need is bootstraps.

No. He also doesn't clearly understand the economics of various areas of the country helping each other out and reducing the risk that one of them will completely crash.

He understands it, but doesn't believe in it unless the people getting the help are white. The people in New Orleans aren't.

Right...........!

He understands it, but doesn't believe in it unless the people getting the help are white. The people in New Orleans aren't.

:rolleyes: 'NO' is 100% black?...or so says the Mayor...opps I mean he said he wants a chocolate 'NO'...!whatever that means!

Yeah, but when he said that one there wasn't much of the "if they ain't white" crap. But heck consistency is punished in politics.

I agree. I don't think its a racist thing. Tancredo is fully willing to send hundreds of billions of dollars to iraqi arabs, no questions asked. No oversight. Just dump bags of money in their lap. ;)

I agree. I don't think its a racist thing. Tancredo is fully willing to send hundreds of billions of dollars to iraqi arabs, no questions asked. No oversight. Just dump bags of money in their lap. ;)
He believes in the "broke it, bought it" theory. Our actions caused their misery, we should do what we can to limit it.

So the we broke it we bought it is the new battle cry of the right.
Pretty pitiful, sot of like a kitty meow or a puppy whine....

I suppose there has to be massive rationalization going on in the right though.

Remember though that "we" all are not part of that we though.
Just the Bush and war enablers.

So the we broke it we bought it is the new battle cry of the right.
Pretty pitiful, sot of like a kitty meow or a puppy whine....

I suppose there has to be massive rationalization going on in the right though.

Remember though that "we" all are not part of that we though.
Just the Bush and war enablers.
Who said it was the battle-cry of the right? I said it was what he subscribed to. His belief is that we brought it to them, it became our responsibility.

And the federal government does own some responsibility for the disaster in, NO, yes?
That depends on how much of the problem was avoidable through direct action from either the individual or the authorities locally.

If I move into an area that is prone to huge fires, and it is clear that it is so, how much responsibility do I bear for my own decision and how much can I expect the federal government to solve the problem if a fire ravages my property?

If you notice Tancredo never said we shouldn't have helped, he simply points out how much we have and how much it doesn't seem to have helped. Throwing even more money that will not be used what it should be used for seems inefficient and problematical to him and he believes, rightly so, that the state and local authorities have put stumbling blocks rather than helped their situation.

The federal government owns responsibility for a good portion of the aftermath. No amount of spin can get you away from that without making you look stupid. So don't even try.

And there are huge inefficiency problems, mainly caused by the contractors that you on the right love so much, that have eaten up all the money without showing results. The same is happening in Iraq - lots of money, no progress - but you don't see him saying that about Iraq do ya?

"If you notice Tancredo never said we shouldn't have helped, he simply points out how much we have and how much it doesn't seem to have helped. Throwing even more money that will not be used what it should be used for seems inefficient and problematical"

You should hold onto that and use it in a debate about Iraq sometime. Nobody would notice the difference.

There's a huge consistency problem with this guy.

The federal government owns responsibility for a good portion of the aftermath. No amount of spin can get you away from that without making you look stupid. So don't even try.

Of course man, it's a Republican led federal government so it must be on them bra. Any state led Dems have no responsibility because we all know N.O. is traditionally corrupt and we all know N.O. for the most part is led by Democratics. Thus homeboy must find a diversion. Peace Chris Beniot.

Back