Tank girls

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Aleksandra Samusenko Female tank operator Alexandra Samusenko was a T-34 tank commander and the only woman deputy commander of a tank battalion. The 23-year-old Samusenko died of wounds on March 3, 1945.

Maria Oktyabrskaya Shortly after the start of WWII, Maria Oktyabrskaya sold all her possessions to donate toward acquiring a tank for the war effort. She christened the tank “Fighting Girlfriend,” and received a personal allowance from Stalin to become its driver mechanic, the first woman in the world who became such. Maria Oktyabrskaya was fatally wounded in northern Belorussia in 1944, when she was 38.

https://www.rbth.com/history/328548-soviet-women-who-contributed-victory

Dunk tank girls

body-dunk-tank.jpg

My only personal connection to the iconic T-34 tank is a great uncle who served as a T34 gunner.

The argument could be made that the German Panther ultimately gave the Nazis an edge over Soviet armour, but the Panther simply wasn't produced in the quantity
necessary to slow the Red Army's advance.

German Field Marshall von Kleist described the Russian T-34 as ‘the best tank of World War Two.’ Panzer leader General Heinz Guderian claimed that the T-34 enjoyed ‘vast superiority’ over contemporary German tanks in the early part of the war.

The T-34 in the hands of determined Soviet tankers routed the Germans at Kursk, the greatest tank battle of all time.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-soviet-t-34-the-lethal-tank-won-world-war-ii-13889

Men’s ball size has wasted a lot of talent in mankind’s history

I do not think Soviet leadership was particularly enlightened about gender equality, but when your nation is in grave danger of being completely overrun by homicidal Nazis, it forces one make a choice to allow women to serve in Frontline combat units. I visited a memorial for all the Soviet women who served as snipers, fighter pilots, and tankers, and it was pretty eye-opening.

Maybe we should have trained more Afghani women as Tank Commanders?

We might assume they would have put up a better fight than the men in the Afghan National Army who seemingly evaporated in about 72 hours.

We might assume they would have put up a better fight than the men in the Afghan National Army who seemingly evaporated in about 72 hours.

:) It couldn't have been any worse. The 'women' are the ones with most to lose here.

I do not think Soviet leadership was particularly enlightened about gender equality, but when your nation is in grave danger of being completely overrun by homicidal Nazis, it forces one make a choice to allow women to serve in Frontline combat units. I visited a memorial for all the Soviet women who served as snipers, fighter pilots, and tankers, and it was pretty eye-opening.

And men with tiny balls have feared the talents of women forever

They still do

Because for a couple of years the trump team told them the Taliban would destroy them

And the corrupt Afghanistan leaders were starving the troops and pocketing the cash

My only personal connection to the iconic T-34 tank is a great uncle who served as a T34 gunner.

The argument could be made that the German Panther ultimately gave the Nazis an edge over Soviet armour, but the Panther simply wasn't produced in the quantity
necessary to slow the Red Army's advance.

German Field Marshall von Kleist described the Russian T-34 as ‘the best tank of World War Two.’ Panzer leader General Heinz Guderian claimed that the T-34 enjoyed ‘vast superiority’ over contemporary German tanks in the early part of the war.

The T-34 in the hands of determined Soviet tankers routed the Germans at Kursk, the greatest tank battle of all time.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-soviet-t-34-the-lethal-tank-won-world-war-ii-13889

The T-34 was a great tank with it sloping armor, an American inventor supplied the suspension, the US military was not interested in at the time, but the Soviets were?!! Christie suspension: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christie_suspension

Aleksandra Samusenko Female tank operator Alexandra Samusenko was a T-34 tank commander and the only woman deputy commander of a tank battalion. The 23-year-old Samusenko died of wounds on March 3, 1945.

Maria Oktyabrskaya Shortly after the start of WWII, Maria Oktyabrskaya sold all her possessions to donate toward acquiring a tank for the war effort. She christened the tank “Fighting Girlfriend,” and received a personal allowance from Stalin to become its driver mechanic, the first woman in the world who became such. Maria Oktyabrskaya was fatally wounded in northern Belorussia in 1944, when she was 38.

It's Joe Biden's fault.

The T-34 was a great tank with it sloping armor, an American inventor supplied the suspension, the US military was not interested in at the time, but the Soviets were?!! Christie suspension: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christie_suspension

I did not know about the American link to the T34, you learn something new everyday!

American military doctrine at that time did not see wars being won by major tank battles, so our approach to tank design and tactics was somewhat different than the Germans and Russians. The tank, in American military doctrine, was primarily an infantry support technology, so we ended up with the relatively smallish and outgunned Sherman thank.

Back