Team USA

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Has made it to the Finals in World Cup play! They just beat France 3-1 in the semi-finals and will play the winner of the game between Japan and Sweden for the world championship on Sunday! USA! USA! USA!

I still can't get over their win against Brazil. The freaken officials did everything in their power to give the win to Brazil and Brazil still lost!! This looks like a team of Destiny!

I'm currently in love with Hope Solo. This is not likely to change anytime soon, regardless of how we fare against Japan. A UW Husky, btw, so you can all thank Seattle for this epic US win!!

hopesolo1.jpg

Technically, Cheney is probably more beautiful, but she pissed me off in the Sweden game, for which I haven't entirely forgiven her. Also, she is not Hope Solo.

Hope-Solo-Pictures.jpg

I'm not alone in this, either... :D

I wanted the USA to win, but you have to be happy for the Japanese girls and their countrymen. This is a real first for Japan. In light of the recent disaster, maybe they were the team of destiny.

Congratulations to both teams.

They were much like when the saints one. They played for their country and it showed. I was ver impressed with the athleticism of the American team.

We can handle the ball expertly, we can defend well, and we can make great set-up shots and indirect kicks. But we cannot make direct fucking shots on the goal!!

Back