Texas minister charged in Internet sex sting

uscitizen

Villified User
May 16, 10:10 PM EDT

Texas minister charged in Internet sex sting

BRYAN, Texas (AP) -- A minister from a Dallas-area Baptist megachurch was caught in an Internet sex sting and charged with online solicitation of a minor, police said Friday.

Undercover officers posing as a 13-year-old girl communicated with Joe Barron, 52, of Plano for about two weeks. The online conversations were sexual in nature, police said.

On May 6, Barron suggested meeting the girl in person. He eventually made the nearly 200-mile drive to Bryan on Thursday, when he was arrested. Police said they found a web-cam and condoms in his car.

Barron was released Friday night from the Brazos County Jail on bond. Police were unsure whether he had an attorney.

Barron is one of 40 ministers at Prestonwood Baptist Church, one of the largest churches in the country with 26,000 members. He ministers to married adults.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MINISTER_SEX_STING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Percentage wise preaching must be a very corrupt business.

I'm trying to figure something out here. Is there really a larger proportion of sex freaks in religious positions or are these getting reported more than the everyday businessman sex pervert? If there IS a larger proportion in religious positions, is that because such line of work CREATES those type of people or are those type of people more naturally inclined to be drawn to that type of work?

I'm trying to figure something out here. Is there really a larger proportion of sex freaks in religious positions or are these getting reported more than the everyday businessman sex pervert? If there IS a larger proportion in religious positions, is that because such line of work CREATES those type of people or are those type of people more naturally inclined to be drawn to that type of work?

I think a lot of people with pre existing perversion become religious freak to try to sort that shit out, and invariably it doesn't work. That, and the fact that you have to give up pussy your whole life....

I mean, that's fine if your gay, but you also have to give up ass. So giving up one of the most fundamental human urges in order to please this weird "god" thing of theirs, I think draws perverts in.

Imagine if you had to give up pussy to be a business man. Then what? Businessmen would generally be either very dedicated, or very fucked up.

I think a lot of people with pre existing perversion become religious freak to try to sort that shit out, and invariably it doesn't work. That, and the fact that you have to give up pussy your whole life....

I mean, that's fine if your gay, but you also have to give up ass. So giving up one of the most fundamental human urges in order to please this weird "god" thing of theirs, I think draws perverts in.

Imagine if you had to give up pussy to be a business man. Then what? Businessmen would generally be either very dedicated, or very fucked up.

Truer words I ain't read yet. :clink:

Back