Texas Saves College Football!

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Go Longhorns!! WooHoooo

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100615/ap_on_sp_ot/big12_texas

Having said that and being a Big 10 fan I do not respect what has been done here by the Big 10 in seducing Nebraska into the Big10. What may be a good deal for the Big 10 has hurt college football in general.

What's really odd now is that the Big 12 has 10 teams and the Big 10 has 12 teams. Now that's fucked up!

I think the real big winners out of all this will be the UT and the University of Iowa. Texas gets it's own TV network and will dominate the Big 12(10). Iowa will have an instand revilary with Nebraska that will give a huge boost to their program and recruiting nationally. There'll be lots of kids who will want to be part of a Cornhusker/Hawkeye rivalry. The Big 10 losses a lot of respect for what they did but now they are on par with the SEC and that don't exactly hurt plus now they have the money from a tournament.

Last edited:
Go Longhorns!! WooHoooo

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100615/ap_on_sp_ot/big12_texas

Having said that and being a Big 10 fan I do not respect what has been done here by the Big 10 in seducing Nebraska into the Big10. What may be a good deal for the Big 10 has hurt college football in general.

What's really odd now is that the Big 12 has 10 teams and the Big 10 has 12 teams. Now that's fucked up!

What is really fucked up is the state of Ohio. Why we don't just carpet bomb it back to the stone age is beyond me. Friggin cesspool.

also... TX did not save football. It once again fucked over the other Little 10 (formerly Big 12) members. The new Big 12 (formerly the old little ten) did the right thing in adding a 12th member so that they could finally man up and have a conference championship game. By adding the storied tradition of Nebraska to the mix, their conference gained instant credibility and is no longer the laughing stock of the BCS conferences.

I'm wondering how the Big 10(12) new divisions will be. Here's my guess.

Big 10 East
PSU
OSU
UM
MSU
IU
Purdue

Big 10 West
Nebraska
Iowa
Minn
Wisc
Ill
UNW

What is really fucked up is the state of Ohio. Why we don't just carpet bomb it back to the stone age is beyond me. Friggin cesspool.

also... TX did not save football. It once again fucked over the other Little 10 (formerly Big 12) members. The new Big 12 (formerly the old little ten) did the right thing in adding a 12th member so that they could finally man up and have a conference championship game. By adding the storied tradition of Nebraska to the mix, their conference gained instant credibility and is no longer the laughing stock of the BCS conferences.
I dunno, maybe it's because Ohio invented the Airplane where folks from michigan are still driving old mopars. Maybe if your State had a few people like Armstrong and Glenn then ya'll might learn to fly....but I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

Yea, like Texas precipitated this cluster fuck. Nebraska and Colorodo fucked over the Big 12 big time so don't blame Texas for that. Is the rest of the Big 12(10) now taking it up the ass from Texas? Yup but you know what, it's better then having 4 super conferences and completely fucking up Div 1 college football and for KU, KState, Iowa St and Baylor it's better then no conference at all. So Texas aint the bad guy here. If it weren't for Texas there would be no Big 12 and that's an even worse situation.

I'm wondering how the Big 10(12) new divisions will be. Here's my guess.

Big 10 East
PSU
OSU
UM
MSU
IU
Purdue

Big 10 West
Nebraska
Iowa
Minn
Wisc
Ill
UNW

Sounds about right, though I would prefer:

Nebraska
Wisconsin
Penn St
Michigan
Ohio St
Mich St

and

Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Northwestern
Iowa
Minnesota

No geographical reasons for the above... those are just the football matchups I would like to see the Huskers have every year.

Sounds about right, though I would prefer:

Nebraska
Wisconsin
Penn St
Michigan
Ohio St
Mich St

and

Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
Northwestern
Iowa
Minnesota

No geographical reasons for the above... those are just the football matchups I would like to see the Huskers have every year.
That would be silly. You have a fantastic rivalry with Iowa and Nebraska. It would be insane not to have those two in the same division.

I dunno, maybe it's because Ohio invented the Airplane where folks from michigan are still driving old mopars. Maybe if your State had a few people like Armstrong and Glenn then ya'll might learn to fly....but I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

Yea, like Texas precipitated this cluster fuck. Nebraska and Colorodo fucked over the Big 12 big time so don't blame Texas for that. Is the rest of the Big 12(10) now taking it up the ass from Texas? Yup but you know what, it's better then having 4 super conferences and completely fucking up Div 1 college football and for KU, KState, Iowa St and Baylor it's better then no conference at all. So Texas aint the bad guy here. If it weren't for Texas there would be no Big 12 and that's an even worse situation.

You've got it wrong my friend it was Texas that fucked over the Big 12. It all starts with the discrepency in revenue for teams in the conference with Texas getting the most on down to every other team in the conference getting tired of being Texas's bitch and having Texas run things. Then when the talk of Texas leaving the conference other schools were forced to act or possibly get left behind so Nebraska and Colorado acted.

Texas is also being very shortsighted in my opinion with what they've done. Yes they got their own network and football is king in Texas but look at Notre Dame where with their fans football is religion and look how bad their ratings have been when they've been losing. Texas is not going to stay this good forever. All teams go through cycles. ND and Miami in the '80's, FSU in the '90's etc. If Texas has a couple of down years their ratings will plumet.

I think this Pac 16 will happen within the next ten years it just got delayed by Texas and the politicians in Texas.

That would be silly. You have a fantastic rivalry with Iowa and Nebraska. It would be insane not to have those two in the same division.

You are indeed a moron. I stated what MY preferences would be. I could care less if you think there is a magical rivalry with Iowa. As a Husker fan I can tell you... not so much... a brief rivalry in the 1980's and that is about it. I would much prefer to go up against those teams that I listed.

I understand your desire however to mock that lineup as you understand that would pretty much lock in a loss for the constantly over rated Buckeyes.

You are indeed a moron. I stated what MY preferences would be. I could care less if you think there is a magical rivalry with Iowa. As a Husker fan I can tell you... not so much... a brief rivalry in the 1980's and that is about it. I would much prefer to go up against those teams that I listed.

I understand your desire however to mock that lineup as you understand that would pretty much lock in a loss for the constantly over rated Buckeyes.

44-39497-F.jpg

Apparently the Texas A&M fans are mad as hell that they aren't moving into the SEC.

Back