APP - texas state trooper kills two illegal immigrants thinking that they were drugs

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
LA JOYA, Texas (AP) — A Texas state trooper who fired on a pickup truck from a helicopter and killed two illegal immigrants during a chase through the desert was trying to disable the vehicle and suspected it was being used to smuggle drugs, authorities said Friday.
The disclosure came a day after the incident that left two Guatemalan nationals dead on an isolated gravel road near the town of La Joya, just north of the Mexico border.
State game wardens were the first to encounter the truck Thursday. After the driver refused to stop, they radioed for help and state police responded, according to Parks and Wildlife Department spokesman Mike Cox.
When the helicopter with a sharpshooter arrived, officers concluded that the truck appeared to be carrying a "typical covered drug load" on its bed and was travelling at reckless speeds, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/trooper-fired-chopper-stop-truck-kills-2-013027265.html

There's all kinds of wrong info about this incident. The articles are saying it was Texas State Troopers, then says that they are otherwise known as Texas Rangers. not true at all.

There's all kinds of wrong info about this incident. The articles are saying it was Texas State Troopers, then says that they are otherwise known as Texas Rangers. not true at all.

i think that further in to the article the shooter was referred to as texas state police

not being from texas, i do not know what their state law enforcement offices are called, however, that does not change the bulk of the article's facts

some law enforcement officer shot (used deadly force) from a helicopter and killed two people thinking that they were druggies

i think that further in to the article the shooter was referred to as texas state police

not being from texas, i do not know what their state law enforcement offices are called, however, that does not change the bulk of the article's facts

some law enforcement officer shot (used deadly force) from a helicopter and killed two people thinking that they were druggies

the particular 'regulation' they refer to, that of texas rangers free to shoot fleeing suspects, is very important as to whether or not 'troopers' are now rangers. If they are, then it's a legally good shoot. If not, then the trooper should not have fired and could be guilty of a crime. THAT is the problem i'm having with this.

Back