That Sucking sound...Part Deux.

TCU is a joke at #3 and there's no justice if Wisconsin doesn't leap frog over them into 3rd place. Right now Auburn and Wisconsin are the two best teams in the nation with OSU and Arkansas taking up 3rd and 4th. Yea...I know...Oregon isn't on my list. I still think their almost as over rated at TCU. They'd be a middle of the pack team in the SEC and the 4th best team in the Big 10. Auburn, SC, LSU, Bama, Arkansas, OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St and Nebraska are all better then Oregon.

Only TCU of the top 12 teams has had a weaker schedule then Oregon.

TCU is a joke at #3 and there's no justice if Wisconsin doesn't leap frog over them into 3rd place. Right now Auburn and Wisconsin are the two best teams in the nation with OSU and Arkansas taking up 3rd and 4th. Yea...I know...Oregon isn't on my list. I still think their almost as over rated at TCU. They'd be a middle of the pack team in the SEC and the 4th best team in the Big 10. Auburn, SC, LSU, Bama, Arkansas, OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St and Nebraska are all better then Oregon.

Only TCU of the top 12 teams has had a weaker schedule then Oregon.

I have no idea of why you view Oregon that way but to each his own. And not sure how you think Wisconsin is one of the two best teams. Look at Wisconsin's schedule. OOC they played UNLV, San Jose St, Austin Peay (three non-BCS conference teams) and barely beat Arizona State at home. They played two ranked conference opponents beating Ohio State and losing to Michigan State. Minnesoata, Purdue, Indiana and Northwestern are not good football teams. Michigan pretty much sucks to. They beat Iowa who seemed good earlier in the year but fell apart and aren't even ranked now. And you think Oregon would only be middle of the pack playing that schedule? This is just more hating on the Pac 10 and the West Coast. Stanford would stomp people in the Big 10 this year.

Oregon has a lot of speed, but I am not sure how well they will stand up to even a mediocre defense.

I have no idea of why you view Oregon that way but to each his own. And not sure how you think Wisconsin is one of the two best teams. Look at Wisconsin's schedule. OOC they played UNLV, San Jose St, Austin Peay (three non-BCS conference teams) and barely beat Arizona State at home. They played two ranked conference opponents beating Ohio State and losing to Michigan State. Minnesoata, Purdue, Indiana and Northwestern are not good football teams. Michigan pretty much sucks to. They beat Iowa who seemed good earlier in the year but fell apart and aren't even ranked now. And you think Oregon would only be middle of the pack playing that schedule? This is just more hating on the Pac 10 and the West Coast. Stanford would stomp people in the Big 10 this year.
Stanford would be slightly better than Northwestern. Look, try being objective. Wisconsin has a monster offensive line. It's substantially larger, stronger and meaner than Oregons. They also have a much better defense then Oregon's which is middlin at best and Wisconsin has 3 of the best Running backs in college football. Wisconsin has 3 RB's who will be playing on sundays. Oregon has 1. As for strength of schedule, I don't know what the computers are smoking but Wisconsin's opponents have won more games then either Oregon or Stanford. Oregon is marginally better then they were last year and we saw what Ohio State did to them and Ohio State would do it to them again and I'm telling you that Wisconsin is a better team then Ohio State. In summary. Oregon's offensive line isn't as good as Wisconsin's. Wisconsin has the best corp of RB's in college football and Wisconsin's defense is substantially superior to Oregon. In fact Oregon hasn't played a team with a defense even remotely as good as Wisconsin's.

I wouldn't be throwing stones at Wisconsin's non conf schedule. The toughest non-conf opponent Oregon had was a 6-6 Tennessee. UNLV is 11-1 and just beat the #3 team in the nation. Oregon also played national power houses Portland State and New Mexico so Oregon's non-conf schedule was a piss willy one too.

I'm telling you. The two best teams in college football right now are Auburn and Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Oregon has a lot of speed, but I am not sure how well they will stand up to even a mediocre defense.
There are 3 teams in the Big 10 that are better then Oregon and 5 teams in the SEC that are better. All 8 of those teams have better defenses with enough speed to play with Oregon's RB's and Oregons RB's aint running over anyone.

Stanford would be slightly better than Northwestern. Look, try being objective. Wisconsin has a monster offensive line. It's substantially larger, stronger and meaner than Oregons. They also have a much better defense then Oregon's which is middlin at best and Wisconsin has 3 of the best Running backs in college football. Wisconsin has 3 RB's who will be playing on sundays. Oregon has 1. As for strength of schedule, I don't know what the computers are smoking but Wisconsin's opponents have won more games then either Oregon or Stanford. Oregon is marginally better then they were last year and we saw what Ohio State did to them and Ohio State would do it to them again and I'm telling you that Wisconsin is a better team then Ohio State. In summary. Oregon's offensive line isn't as good as Wisconsin's. Wisconsin has the best corp of RB's in college football and Wisconsin's defense is substantially superior to Oregon. In fact Oregon hasn't played a team with a defense even remotely as good as Wisconsin's.

I wouldn't be throwing stones at Wisconsin's non conf schedule. The toughest non-conf opponent Oregon had was a 6-6 Tennessee. UNLV is 11-1 and just beat the #3 team in the nation. Oregon also played national power houses Portland State and New Mexico so Oregon's non-conf schedule was a piss willy one too.

I'm telling you. The two best teams in college football right now are Auburn and Wisconsin.

Mott there is nothing objective about discounting the entire Pac 10. You got Arizona beating Iowa this year and Arizona St loss by a missed extra point at Wisconsin. You are just choosing to buy E(SEC)SPN's hype. Stanford is equal to Northwestern? You can't even really justify that with a response. Andrew Luck would pick apart any Big 10 defense. He's going to be the number one pick next year. Oregon smoked Tennessee at Tennessee. There's a whole world out here on the West Coast. Check it out.

Mott there is nothing objective about discounting the entire Pac 10. You got Arizona beating Iowa this year and Arizona St loss by a missed extra point at Wisconsin. You are just choosing to buy E(SEC)SPN's hype. Stanford is equal to Northwestern? You can't even really justify that with a response. Andrew Luck would pick apart any Big 10 defense. He's going to be the number one pick next year. Oregon smoked Tennessee at Tennessee. There's a whole world out here on the West Coast. Check it out.

CA, I agree with some of what you said, but the "Oregon smoked Tennessee at Tennessee" may not be the best way to prove your point. Two weeks after Oregon smoked TN, it took an overtime for TN to beat UAB.

Beating TN isn't a huge accomplishment this year.

Luck's a good QB but he's no Elway. He hasn't played against a quality defense. Ok, Arizona beat Iowa..Aren't they both 7-4? Whoop de do. You haven't even discredited my point. OSU, MSU and Wisconsin are all better teams then Oregon and Stanford and neither of those Pac 10 teams have played a defense even remotely as good as those 3 teams. As for Tennessee....you gotta be kidding me right? To be honest with you. I don't think Oregon is as good as TCU as TCU has a much better defense then Oregon.

Face it dude, this has been a serious off year for the Pac 10. Just like last year was.

Well see come Bowl time. if Oregon gets smoked by Auburn in the NCG and Stanford gets beat by the Big 12 champ....my point will be made.

Last edited:
Stanford would ass rape MSU without the courtesy of a reach around. MSU schedule is as weak as TCU's.

CA, I agree with some of what you said, but the "Oregon smoked Tennessee at Tennessee" may not be the best way to prove your point. Two weeks after Oregon smoked TN, it took an overtime for TN to beat UAB.

Beating TN isn't a huge accomplishment this year.

No you are right. Tennessee is definitely down this year and has been for the past few years.

Again I must state that it is very difficult for my fingers to type anything positive about Oregon. I hate them. If you want to see a clash of cultures go to the UA-UO championship game if they both make it. USC played at Auburn in 2003 (can't believe I couldn't go to that game) and our fans came back raving about how great and welcoming the Auburn fans were. Oregon is basically the opposite. Their school has never won anything and the fans are about as obnoxious as you can get.

SEC teams are used to winning Oregon is not, give them time. At LSU you wear the opponents Jersey you'll get ribbed. Then you'll get invited to the tailgait for something to eat and drink.

Stanford would ass rape MSU without the courtesy of a reach around. MSU schedule is as weak as TCU's.

They were good enough to beat Wisconsin who would ass rape Stanford with their first string on the bench. Face it man, there's not a team in the PAC 10 as good as the Big 10's top 3. Unfortunately it looks like Stanford will play the Big East champ.

I mean get real. The Pac 10 sucked this year. Of the Big 6 conferences only the Big East is weaker from top to bottom. There are only 4 teams with winning records in the Pac 10. Oregon only played 3 teams with winning records. Stanford played 4 teams with winning records. By comparision, The Big 10 has 8 teams with winning records, The SEC 7 and the Big 12 has 8. OSU played 7 teams with more then 7 wins. The Same with MSU. Wisconsin played 6 and is the only team in the nation to have played two teams with 11 wins.

Now I'll give you that the best two teams in the PAC 10 are probably better then the best two teams in the ACC but as a whole, the ACC is a stronger conference then the PAC 10 is. So Stanford vs Va Tech would be a good match up. Oregon vs Auburn is going to be a blow out. Oregon will be ass raped even worse then the beat down the Buckeyes put on them last year.

Last edited:
No you are right. Tennessee is definitely down this year and has been for the past few years.

Again I must state that it is very difficult for my fingers to type anything positive about Oregon. I hate them. If you want to see a clash of cultures go to the UA-UO championship game if they both make it. USC played at Auburn in 2003 (can't believe I couldn't go to that game) and our fans came back raving about how great and welcoming the Auburn fans were. Oregon is basically the opposite. Their school has never won anything and the fans are about as obnoxious as you can get.
I can't say to much about Buckeye fans.....they can go either way.....after all....they are nuts.

In general most Buckeye fans are very hospitable.....but there always seems to be a handfull of assholes around.

You notice I'm not even talking about the sissy 10 as a conf, just that sparty doesn't play anyone.

I can't say to much about Buckeye fans.....they can go either way.....after all....they are nuts.

In general most Buckeye fans are very hospitable.....but there always seems to be a handfull of assholes around.

Yeah, god bless em but Bucks can be crazy but Ohio State has won before. A lot. So that envokes a different mindset among the fans. Oregon has never won. They have basically been everyone's b*tch forever. The two times recently they won 1994 and last year they end up losing in the Rose Bowl. It is bad.

Back