June 6, 2007, 6:28PM
Environmentalist helps Abramoff probe

By MATT APUZZO Associated Press Writer
© 2007 The Associated Press

TOOLS
Email Get section feed
Print Subscribe NOW
Comments Recommend
WASHINGTON — The head of a Republican environmental advocacy group is set to plead guilty in the Jack Abramoff scandal and is cooperating with an FBI investigation into corruption involving Congress and the Bush administration, two people close to the case said Wednesday.

Italia Federici served as a go-between for Abramoff, the once-powerful lobbyist, and J. Steven Griles, the deputy interior secretary during President Bush's first term, prosecutors said Wednesday in documents charging her with tax evasion and obstructing a Senate inquiry into the Abramoff scandal.

Under a deal with the Justice Department, she must cooperate with authorities and is identifying other criminal targets, one of the people said.

Authorities believe Federici may be able to provide information about former Interior Secretary Gale Norton, other Bush administration officials and the contacts that she, Abramoff and Griles cultivated in Congress, the second individual said.

Evading? I simply used a description rather than a name. Currently there is a Congressman from Louisiana that seems to be having issues with indictments on bribery and corruption who seems to be getting a ton of support...

Oh you mean this : yep just found it. I was not worried about him, he is history and there might still be some spinoff scandals with jefferson as well. I hope so want to get all slimebags out of politics.
I am very pro on a ban from serving lesislators to refrain from any employment contact with the govt for a minimum of 5 yeatrs after leaving office.

sorry damo your diversion attempt failed, this has nothing to do with me wanting slime to be caught in the abramhoff acandal.
How partisan of you...

Judge Freezes Congressman's Assets

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) -- A federal judge Thursday froze the assets of Rep. William Jefferson, the Louisiana Democrat indicted this week on charges of soliciting bribes, almost two years after raids uncovered cash stuffed in his freezer.

A forfeiture charge is among the 16 criminal counts Jefferson is facing. Prosecutors have already said they will seek to recoup hundreds of thousands of dollars from Jefferson that they believe he obtained illicitly by peddling his influence to help broker business deals in Africa.

Jefferson is scheduled to be arraigned Friday in U.S. District Court. The indictment, issued Monday, said Jefferson received more than $500,000 in bribes and sought millions more in separate schemes to enrich himself.

The charges come after investigators in August 2005 found $90,000 in cash in a freezer in Jefferson's home in Washington. Jefferson maintained his innocence but resigned from the Small Business Committee.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CONGRESSMAN_PROBE?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Yeah, but the first soundbytes that I have gotten are in support of him saying that New Orleans couldn't take losing such an awesome Congressman...

Seriously, the whole cleanup operation has become clearly not so much a cleanup effort...

Yeah, but the first soundbytes that I have gotten are in support of him saying that New Orleans couldn't take losing such an awesome Congressman...

Seriously, the whole cleanup operation has become clearly not so much a cleanup effort...

Ahh, that is because of the liberal media you watch and listen to Damo :)
You should know better than to listen to the media.

Back