The ACTUAL 10 Commandments

domer76

Verified User
These are the only Ten Commandments in the Bible ACTUALLY referred to as the “Ten Commandments” where Yahweh wrote them by hand, himself. Put those in the classroom if you want the REAL ones. Exodus 34

One day the Lord said to Moses, “Cut two flat stones like the first ones I made, and I will write on them the SAME commandments that were on the two you broke.

Don't make treaties with any of those people. (Amorites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites,)

Don't make metal images of gods.

Don't fail to observe the Festival of Thin Bread in the month of Abib. Obey me and eat bread without yeast for seven days during Abib, because that is the month you left Egypt. The first-born males of your families and of your flocks and herds belong to me.

You can save the life of a first-born donkey by sacrificing a lamb; if you don't, you must break the donkey's neck.

Bring an offering every time you come to worship.

Work for six days and rest on the seventh day, even during the seasons for plowing and harvesting.

Celebrate the Harvest Festival each spring when you start harvesting your wheat, and celebrate the Festival of Shelters each autumn when you pick your fruit.

Your men must come to worship me three times a year, because I am the Lord God of Israel

When you sacrifice an animal on the altar, don't offer bread made with yeast. And don't save any part of the Passover meal for the next day. I am the Lord your God, and you must bring the first part of your harvest to the place of worship.

Don't boil a young goat in its mother's milk

The Lord told Moses to put these laws in writing, as part of his agreement with Israel. Moses stayed on the mountain with the Lord for 40 days and nights, without eating or drinking. And he wrote down the Ten Commandments, the most important part of God's agreement with his people.

These are the only Ten Commandments in the Bible ACTUALLY referred to as the “Ten Commandments” where Yahweh wrote them by hand, himself. Put those in the classroom if you want the REAL ones. Exodus 34
interesting......The Jews have a version that differs from the Catholic version .....the Catholic and Lutheran version differs from other protestants....now DumberDomer has a completely new one...........

One day the Lord said to Moses, “Cut two flat stones like the first ones I made, and I will write on them the SAME commandments that were on the two you broke.

Don't make treaties with any of those people. (Amorites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites,)

Don't fail to observe the Festival of Thin Bread in the month of Abib. Obey me and eat bread without yeast for seven days during Abib, because that is the month you left Egypt. The first-born males of your families and of your flocks and herds belong to me.

You can save the life of a first-born donkey by sacrificing a lamb; if you don't, you must break the donkey's neck.

Work for six days and rest on the seventh day, even during the seasons for plowing and harvesting.

Celebrate the Harvest Festival each spring when you start harvesting your wheat, and celebrate the Festival of Shelters each autumn when you pick your fruit.

Your men must come to worship me three times a year, because I am the Lord God of Israel

When you sacrifice an animal on the altar, don't offer bread made with yeast. And don't save any part of the Passover meal for the next day. I am the Lord your God, and you must bring the first part of your harvest to the place of worship.

The Lord told Moses to put these laws in writing, as part of his agreement with Israel. Moses stayed on the mountain with the Lord for 40 days and nights, without eating or drinking. And he wrote down the Ten Commandments, the most important part of God's agreement with his people.
Good find.

The Old Testament has to be read from the perspective of the New Testament.

Technically, nothing in Exodus to Deuteronomy applies to Christians, except where it is has been repeated, reimagined, or rephrased in the New Testament. That includes the ten commandments in Exodus, except where it has been rephrased in the New Testament:

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 13:8

interesting......The Jews have a version that differs from the Catholic version .....the Catholic and Lutheran version differs from other protestants....now DumberDomer has a completely new one...........
Yep. So much for the inerrant word of Yahweh, huh?

Read it for yourself, dumbfuck. Exodus 34. None of the other versions are actually referred to as the “Ten Commandments”. Only this one.

And none of the others were said to have been written by Yahweh’s OWN HAND. Only this one.

Got your ass kicked by your own book again. And me. Still. Always.

Good find.

Technically, nothing in Exodus to Deuteronomy applies to Christians, except where it is has been repeated, reimagined, or rephrased in the New Testament. That includes the ten commandments in Exodus, except where it has been rephrased in the New Testament:

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 13:8
They want the Ten Commandments. I merely pointed out the ONLY version that actually refers to them as such. And the only version that says was written by the very hand of Yahweh.

It’s amazing that so many people “follow” the Bible who have never really read it. And, if they have, don’t understand what it really says.

Merely a rinse and repeat of what they’re told in whatever church they attend.

Funny, though, how Romans leaves out “no other gods before me”, “the Sabbath”, and “graven images”. Basically, it is just reflects simple secular rules.

They want the Ten Commandments. I merely pointed out the ONLY version that actually refers to them as such. And the only version that says was written by the very hand of Yahweh.

It’s amazing that so many people “follow” the Bible who have never really read it. And, if they have, don’t understand what it really says.

Merely a rinse and repeat of what they’re told in whatever church they attend.

Funny, though, how Romans leaves out “no other gods before me”, “the Sabbath”, and “graven images”. Basically, it is just reflects simple secular rules.
I think it's crazy that they don't even understand their own religion.

Technically, they don't have to follow anything in Exodus. But if it was that important to them, Romans rephrases moral imperatives in the Decalogue in a Christian New Testament context.

Good find.

Those poor benighted countless generations before the NT made it all clear, eh?

Technically, nothing in Exodus to Deuteronomy applies to Christians

This is an interesting claim from a non-Christian. So do you think Jesus was lying when he said "not one jot or tittle of the law shall pass before all be fulfilled"?

, except where it is has been repeated, reimagined, or rephrased in the New Testament. That includes the ten commandments in Exodus, except where it has been rephrased in the New Testament:

Again, you are speaking for a religion that is not yours. Doesn't that feel like you are being patronizing and insulting to believers?

What makes you think YOU are the arbiter of the faith you don't have?

Those poor benighted countless generations before the NT made it all clear, eh?

This is an interesting claim from a non-Christian. So do you think Jesus was lying when he said "not one jot or tittle of the law shall pass before all be fulfilled"?

Again, you are speaking for a religion that is not yours. Doesn't that feel like you are being patronizing and insulting to believers?

What makes you think YOU are the arbiter of the faith you don't have?
Wow, don't tell me you got angry at Christianity and left the religion because you thought you were forced and compelled to follow the Jewish law in Leviticus and Deuteronomy? :laugh:

That's extraordinary and strangely hilarious

I think it's crazy that they don't even understand their own religion.

Technically, they don't have to follow anything in Exodus. But if it was that important to them, Romans rephrases moral imperatives in the Decalogue in a Christian New Testament context.
Someone once said that the quickest way to become an atheist is to actually study the Bible. It made me chuckle, but there’s a lot of truth in that.

Someone once said that the quickest way to become an atheist is to actually study the Bible. It made me chuckle, but there’s a lot of truth in that.
If I had to guess, the majority of atheists who were formerly Christian drift into disbelief in their teenage or college years.

I think it's the authoritarian nature of some churches that is the nail in the coffin; I don't think a lot of 18 year olds are really closely reading the bible. Reading the bible and bible study groups isn't even all that important in Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox traditions, which are primarily sacramental religions

Last edited:
And you do?

Where do you get this stuff? Seriously? There's some stuff in the Bible that says you are wrong. And nothing in the Bible that says you are right.
It's remarkable that you got angry at Christianity, stormed out of the Church, and left the religion without even understanding what the religion was.

Exodus to Deuteronomy was a covenant with the ancient Israelites and do not apply to Christians because the Jewish ritual law no longer applied to the gentiles, Jewish history has no tangible role in Christian theology, and the New Testament was a new covenant that reimagined how christians were to uphold the moral law:

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

- Epistle to the Romans

It's remarkable that you got angry at Christianity, stormed out of the Church, and left the religion without even understanding what the religion was.

LOL. THere it is. The usual attack dog Cypress who gets backed into another corner and starts in on the personal attacks. I love how easily lies come to your typing fingers. You claim I got "angry" at Christianity. You know NOTHING of my life. Stop trying to attack me personally and stick with the topic at hand. Thanks.

Jewish history has no tangible role in Christian theology

Except being the fount of it all and being the source of it all and even the primary character (Jesus) being INTEGRALLY built into the OT (see the Isaiahan prophecies) and, in fact, is the prologue to all of it. Basically Jesus' sacrifice makes ZERO sense without the OT. Oh yeah and it is considered heresy in the Christian church to merely toss aside the OT.

And, clearly the God of the OT is the same as that of the NT and there are rules within the OT which do NOT change. In other words things like "Thou shalt not murder" is NOT limited solely to the Jews. There are countless laws and rules of the OT that still apply.

Oh yeah and Jesus explicitly said: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." (Matt 5:17-18)

Last I checked the earth has not passed. You may disagree.

If I had to guess, the majority of atheists who were formerly Christian drift into disbelief in their teenage or college years.

I think it's the authoritarian nature of some churches that is the nail in the coffin; I don't think a lot of 18 year olds are really closely reading the bible. Reading the bible and bible study groups isn't even all that important in Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox traditions, which are primarily sacramental religions

You have lots of cartoon views of atheism. Maybe if you actually LISTENED when atheists spoke rather than screaming at them and accusing them of all manner of nastiness you might actually LEARN something.

But I know...Cypress is the SMARTEST person in the room so his musings MUST be truth.

Wow, don't tell me you got angry at Christianity and left the religion because you thought you were forced and compelled to follow the Jewish law in Leviticus and Deuteronomy? :laugh:

That's extraordinary and strangely hilarious

WTF??? Where do you get this shit? You always like to argue with people about topics NO ONE RAISED. This is called a STRAWMAN argument. You make it up in your head, apply to the person you are debating and then destroy it and think you have won.

But you fail at the outset. I never said anything like that.

I've already told you many times before how I came to my atheism but you will not listen because your hatred of me and atheism in general seems to be overpowering your ability to read and understand.

PLease stop lying about me. I know you like to do so, but just stop.

Apparently the most hilarious part of the Louisiana law is that it mandates a form of the 10 Commandments that was utilized by Cecil B. DeMille and came originally from a juvenile court judge in Minnesota in 1946. It is kind of an homogenization of the various versions of the 10 Commandments but kind of steers clear of the Exodus 34 version.

When you think about it it's pretty funny that our so-called fundamentalist evangelicals think a modern made up version leveraged by Hollywood is the word of their God.

Back