The Bible and drunkenness

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

Question: "What does the Bible say about drinking alcohol / wine? Is it a sin for a Christian to drink alcohol / wine?"

Answer:
Scripture has much to say regarding the drinking of alcohol (Leviticus 10:9; Numbers 6:3; Deuteronomy 29:6; Judges 13:4, 7, 14; Proverbs 20:1; 31:4; Isaiah 5:11, 22; 24:9; 28:7; 29:9; 56:12).

However, Scripture does not necessarily forbid a Christian from drinking beer, wine, or any other drink containing alcohol.

In fact, some Scriptures discuss alcohol in positive terms. Ecclesiastes 9:7 instructs, “Drink your wine with a merry heart.”

Psalm 104:14-15 states that God gives wine “that makes glad the heart of men.” Amos 9:14 discusses drinking wine from your own vineyard as a sign of God’s blessing. Isaiah 55:1 encourages, “Yes, come buy wine and milk…”

What God commands Christians regarding alcohol is to avoid drunkenness (Ephesians 5:18).

The Bible condemns drunkenness and its effects (Proverbs 23:29-35).

Christians are also commanded to not allow their bodies to be “mastered” by anything (1 Corinthians 6:12; 2 Peter 2:19). Drinking alcohol in excess is undeniably addictive.

Scripture also forbids a Christian from doing anything that might offend other Christians or encourage them to sin against their conscience (1 Corinthians 8:9-13).

In light of these principles, it would be extremely difficult for any Christian to say he is drinking alcohol in excess to the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31).

http://www.gotquestions.org/sin-alcohol.html

I'm not sure, but I don't think Capt Billy is a christian. So, while you may be entertained by this, it is completely irrelevant.

Dude, there are no rules against being petty and vindictive. You went on and on about him being a drunkard. You even brought it up after everyone else stopped talking about it with you. Then you create a post concerning a mod and his alcohol consumption.

Yeah, this is about Capt billy. At least own up to your trolling.

Dude, there are no rules against being petty and vindictive. You went on and on about him being a drunkard. You even brought it up after everyone else stopped talking about it with you. Then you create a post concerning a mod and his alcohol consumption. Yeah, this is about Capt billy. At least own up to your trolling.

You brought Capt Billy into this thread, not I.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Capt Billy is a christian. So, while you may be entertained by this, it is completely irrelevant.

I know his spiritual proclivities, so where did you get the idea that this thread would concern him?

why is legion so obsessed with alcohol and capt? watch out capt, he will start stalking you all over the internet like he did to me.

Knowing what I know of King David in the Old Testament, I am sure Billy's drunkenness is not an affront to God. For of the man that murdered, fornicated, committed adultery, had a man killed so he could be with his wife God said " I have found David the [son] of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will." Acts 13:22. Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.

Let's not forget the Wedding at Cana, where the party went through quite a lot of wine, leading Mary to ask Jesus for a little help on providing reserves. Clearly, at least a few individuals had to have gotten drunk at this point.

only a dumb no life drunk troll makes 20 alcohol threads in a row, in a matter of days, about billy and then claims the 21st thread had nothing to do with him

why are you so fucking stupid troll? no wonder retard of dune is the only one who defends you.

Knowing what I know of King David in the Old Testament, I am sure Billy's drunkenness is not an affront to God. For of the man that murdered, fornicated, committed adultery, had a man killed so he could be with his wife God said " I have found David the [son] of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will." Acts 13:22. Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.

Seems like most of God's chosen ones were flawed.

Back