The big short

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Tom was right. This should have won an Oscar.

You still have this rage that really greedy stupid people not only crashed the world economy and not only got away with it...they got bailed out by us taxpayers and they also got bonuses to keep "talent" that crashed the worlds economy. What a fucked up corrupt world we live in.

These are the same bankers and lawyers who have crippled American industry by selling it over seas. They are going to destroy this nation.

Ultimately, this is why pure capitalism fails. When profit is the main goal - and really the only goal - it leads to irresponsibility and decisions that result in immediate personal gain, but are destructive generally.

And I say this as someone who loves capitalism. But it's really that system's fatal flaw.

Great flick, though.

Tom was right. This should have won an Oscar.

You still have this rage that really greedy stupid people not only crashed the world economy and not only got away with it...they got bailed out by us taxpayers and they also got bonuses to keep "talent" that crashed the worlds economy. What a fucked up corrupt world we live in.

These are the same bankers and lawyers who have crippled American industry by selling it over seas. They are going to destroy this nation.

I prefer films about rampaging bear markets, not rampaging bears!

I prefer films about rampaging bear markets, not rampaging bears!
Yeah there's more to a movie than a great screenplay and give the Revenant it's due. The cinematography is the best I've seen since Jeremiah Johnson. Which was another bear rampaging movie. A scene Will Greer made unforgettable.

Last edited:
Ultimately, this is why pure capitalism fails. When profit is the main goal - and really the only goal - it leads to irresponsibility and decisions that result in immediate personal gain, but are destructive generally.

And I say this as someone who loves capitalism. But it's really that system's fatal flaw.

Great flick, though.

Any one who thinks that the financial crash was because of "pure capitalism" is a fucking financial illiterate.

It was a function of crony capitalism which is at the heart of big government.

Federal government policies, multiculturalism and moral hazard were at the heart of the financial crisis

Of course greed was central to the bust. Any five year could have surmised that. But dig deeper.

Stop getting your news from just Media Matters

Back