The Chinese Communist Party Does Not Represent the Chinese People

Ellanjay

Verified User
The Chinese Communist Party Does Not Represent the Chinese People

[video=youtube_share;giYEuQ5vYM4]https://youtu.be/giYEuQ5vYM4[/video]

Michael R. Pompeo

Transcript

Hudson Institute’s China Center presents a new series, entitled “Evening Chats with Mike Pompeo: A Message to the Chinese People.” In this series, 70th US Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo speaks directly to the Chinese people about the Chinese Communist Party and US-China relations.

In this first episode, Pompeo explains that despite its rhetoric the Chinese Communist Party is a totalitarian, one-party government that neither represents the Chinese people nor governs in their interests.

Learn more about the China Center here.

Transcript

Welcome to the Hudson Institute’s China Center.
欢迎来到哈德逊研究所中国中心。

I’m Mike Pompeo, 70th U.S. secretary of state, now chairman of the Advisory Board of tes new Center. As you can imagine there is a lot job security in this gig than my last one, and the coffee is a lot better here than at Foggy Bottom as well.
我是美国第 70 任国务卿迈克·蓬佩奥,现在是这个新中心的顾问委员会主席。正如你可以想象的那样,这个差使比 我前一任工作 更加穩定,而且这里的咖啡比美国国务院的咖啡好得多。

Our goal with these videos is pretty simple: To talk directly to the Chinese people about U.S.-China relations. That’s what we’ll start doing with this series over the next few months, and we’ll keep it up.
我们制作这些视频的目的很简单:那就是要直接与中国人民谈论美中关系。这就是我们将在接下来的 几个月里要做 的事情,我们会不断为此努力。

There’s a reason we’re doing this: The Chinese Communist Party doesn’t represent the Chinese people. It’s that simple.
我们这样做是有原因的,因为中国共产党不代表中国人民。事情就是这么简单。

The CCP is a one-party, totalitarian political organization committed to a foreign, anti-Chinese ideology. It started out as a group of brutal, radical extremists. And frankly, not much has changed.
中共是一个一党专政的政治组织,它是一个泊来品,并且致力于一个与中国人民为敌的意识形态。它 最初是一群殘 暴激进的极端分子,坦率地讲,这种本性一直没有太大变化。

The worst mass murderer in history was Mao. His victims were mostly Chinese.
历史上最凶残的大屠杀者是毛。他的受害者大多是中国人。

The same is true of Deng Xiaoping, who murdered pro-democracy protesters in Tiananmen Square.
邓小平也是如此,他在天安门广场杀害了爭取民主的中國人。

And Xi Jinping continues that communist legacy even today.
习近平今天延续了这一共产主义殘害中国人民的遗产。

There is no bigger enemy for the CCP than you, the Chinese people. I know this is true because all my interactions with the CCP leaders convinced me that what the CCP truly cares about is maintaining their stranglehold over the Chinese people. That’s it—that’s their paramount interest. The CCP hates the United States because they are paranoid that the Chinese people will be inspired by the example of American freedom, the world’s oldest and most influential democracy.

对于中共来说,你们—也就是中国人民—是它的最大的敌人。我知道这个判断是正确的,因为我与中 共领导人的所 有互动都让我相信,中共真正关心的是如何保持对中国人民的控制。对啦,这才是中共最在乎的事。 中共憎恨美国 ,因为他们担心中国人民会受到美国自由民主榜样的启发,而美国是这个世界上最古老、最有影响力 的民主国家。

I’ve gotten to know the work of brave Chinese freedom fighters like Cardinal Zen, Jimmy Lai from Hong Kong, and countless others who try to hold the regime accountable.
我知道勇敢的为自由而战的华人的事迹,他们包括香港的陈日君红衣主教和黎智英先生,以及无数追 求政权责任制 的其他普通中国老百姓。

There are a lot of heroes, in small ways and big, throughout China. They’re the people who worship in secret houses, who commemorate Tiananmen Square, and who every day refuse to believe the CCP’s lies.
无数大大小小的英雄遍布全中国。他们或是地下礼拜堂參拜者、或是天安门屠殺追悼者,或是每天都 拒绝相信中共 谎言的人。

But the worst lie the CCP tells is that it speaks on behalf of China, and of Chinese civilization.
但中共撒的最大的谎言是自称它代表中国,代表中华文明。

And I think that the CCP knows it’s a lie.
而且我认为中共知道这是一个谎言。

If Beijing thought it represented the Chinese people, it wouldn’t spend more on domestic repression and surveillance than it does on external defense.
如果北京认为它真的代表了中国人民,它就不会花費比国防开支还多的钱来镇压和监控中国人民。

If it represented the Chinese people, it would hold a free and fair election tomorrow.
如果它真的代表中国人民,中共明天就应该举行自由公正的选举。

But it won’t. The so-called People’s Republic seems to have a problem with its own people.
但它不会做这种事,因为所谓的人民共和国其实是以自己的人民为敌的。

https://communismexposed.mp3mp4pdf.net

Back