The coalition that isn't any more.

uscitizen

Villified User
Christian Coalition Starting Anew in Ga.

ATLANTA (AP) -- Georgia's branch of the Christian Coalition has announced plans to change names and split from the national group - making it the fourth state to leave the socially conservative political group.

Director Sadie Fields said the Georgia branch's board voted about two weeks ago to make the change because of the Christian Coalition of America's liberal "drift."

"It's really a sad moment," Fields said Monday. "I deeply regret we have been compelled to take this action, but we felt like we had no other choice."

The president of the national organization said Tuesday she will establish a new chapter in Georgia.

for complete story goto:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHRISTIAN_COALITION_GEORGIA?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

I always said that even if the Christains gained control of our gummit they would just fuss.....
Several other states have broken off as well, read the story for deatils.

The Christian Coalition of America's liberal drift? Are you kidding me?

Here I was about to congratulate the branch in Georgia for getting out from under Robertson and they think he is too liberal? Well, don't expect me to be donating to Georgia's branch anytime soon.

Immie

Back