The day JFK was shot

cancel2 2022

Canceled
cartoon-3.jpg

I don't have a problem with the joke, but anyone who is old enough didn't require a personal event to remember.

We were released early from school for parent/teacher conferences. It was an usually warm day for late November. I was in the kitchen with one of my feet on a chair tying my sneakers with plans to go out and play football. The TV was on in the living room tuned to CBS. My mom was at my school meeting with my teacher. I heard 'Here is a bulletin from CBS news..."

So much of that weekend is burned into my memory. When I hear 'Hail to the Chief' I still associate it with President Kennedy's funeral. Same with the Navy hymn and bag pipes.

I don't have a problem with the joke, but anyone who is old enough didn't require a personal event to remember.

We were released early from school for parent/teacher conferences. It was an usually warm day for late November. I was in the kitchen with one of my feet on a chair tying my sneakers with plans to go out and play football. The TV was on in the living room tuned to CBS. My mom was at my school meeting with my teacher. I heard 'Here is a bulletin from CBS news..."

So much of that weekend is burned into my memory. When I hear 'Hail to the Chief' I still associate it with President Kennedy's funeral. Same with the Navy hymn and bag pipes.

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember where I was when JFK was killed.

Back