the Drowning of New Orleans

The charge is devastating: That, on August 29, 2005, the White House withheld from the state police the information that New Orleans was about to flood. From almost any other source, I would not have believed it. But this was not just any source. The whistleblower is Dr. Ivor van Heerden, deputy director of the Louisiana State University Hurricane Center, the chief technician advising the state on saving lives during Katrina.

I'd come to van Heerden about another matter, but in our talks, it was clear he had something he wanted to say, and it was a big one. He charged that the White House, FEMA, and the Army Corps hid, for critical hours, their discovery that the levees surrounding New Orleans were cracking, about to burst and drown the city.

Understand that Katrina never hit New Orleans. The hurricane swung east of the city, so the state evacuation directors assumed New Orleans was now safe -- and evacuation could slow while emergency efforts moved east with the storm.

But unknown to the state, in those crucial hours on Monday, the federal government's helicopters had filmed the cracks that would become walls of death by Tuesday.

Van Heerden revealed: "FEMA knew at 11 o'clock on Monday that the levees had breeched. At 2 p.m., they flew over the 17th Street Canal and took video of the breech."

Question: "So the White House wouldn't tell you the levees had breeched?"

Dr. Van Heerden: "They didn't tell anybody."

Question: "And you're at the Emergency Center.'

Dr. Van Heerden: "I mean nobody knew. The Corps of Engineers knew. FEMA knew. None of us knew."

I read this yesterday, and considering the source, I'd say it is true, but the answer to your question is still, no nothing will happen.

This is another situation, is it race or is it class? I'd say if 1,500 white Americans, no matter how poor, drowned to death on your telvision bush would have been hanged. So I think it's race.

pretty strong charge to say they wanted to kill thoes people.. sort of like we killed all those people on 911.

I read this yesterday, and considering the source, I'd say it is true, but the answer to your question is still, no nothing will happen.

This is another situation, is it race or is it class? I'd say if 1,500 white Americans, no matter how poor, drowned to death on your telvision bush would have been hanged. So I think it's race.
I think it's a sad convergence of both race and class. Worst of all possible cases, in a sense.

911 was an ad for a DVD ? A pretty high budget promo.
No, this entire "article" about New Orleans is an ad for a DVD. If you want the "rest of the story" you have to buy the DVD.

Come on! Act like you read the links on ocassion! ;)

pretty strong charge to say they wanted to kill thoes people.. sort of like we killed all those people on 911.
this was the post previous to yours.

If you read it they didnt want to drop the warning because then it would be admitting it was a federal flaw in the levys causig the distruction and would make the feds libel for the damage.

It was about money and trying to skirt responsibility.

Comments like this are why I usually don't bother reading your posts.

So you saw no racial implications in the way Katirna was handled by the admin and the so called liberal press?

So you saw no racial implications in the way Katirna was handled by the admin and the so called liberal press?
The press was all over this, putting out people who suggested that it was because they had darker pigmentation that it all happened. I don't think they were 'in on it' as you suggest.

Also, the whole "article/ad" thing is reminiscent of those videos created to say that the Clinton administration was all for slaughtering the Waco people. Shoot that video even had people who were described just like this one. "I wouldn't have believed it if this person here that you don't know wasn't saying it..."

Duhla's getting more like desh by the day. Getting their knowledge from the tabloids. Bou cou white people drowned as well!!!

Back