The fight to ban Dihydrogenmonoxcide

Yep a very deadly and destructive substance.
Caused most of the deaths in Katrina I believe.

Its pretty funny for cons.

They did a good job in coming up with this bit.

I do find that they DID lie to people about what the causes of h2o are though.

H2O does not cause Diarhea and vomiting.

The people are not used to people in these venues lying to them and signing a petition does not automatically get something banned it gets it looked into.

I have signed petitions I wasnt really behind before do to this concept.

Signing someones petition often means they get to air their concerns to a higher level of the process.

When it comes to an actual vote I scrutinise it much more in depth.

yeah it was stretched on the dihyfro... stuff.
But still true about the number of deaths it causes.
But a quandry since we cannot live without it....

The people are not used to people in these venues lying to them and signing a petition does not automatically get something banned it gets it looked into.

Signing someones petition often means they get to air their concerns to a higher level of the process.

actually desh, if taken in too large of quantities, it most certainly can cause diarhea and vomiting. It can even lead to death.

Your body can olny process so much water at a time. Excess is expelled...sometimes in not so fun ways. :)

If you were in California, then I would scrutinise every petition, because it may be a petition for an initiative to actually pass a law on the subject.

I scanned google map and was surprised to find you situated right next to Dixie in Alabama, though... don't know if this was a joke. But in Alabama, yeah, the only possible thing that could come of a petition is a message to leaders. Unless you guys have a grassroots constitution ammendment... in which case it may be for that a constitutional ammendment. Such petitions are VERY hard to get passed though -requiring hundreds of thousands of signatures.

actually desh, if taken in too large of quantities, it most certainly can cause diarhea and vomiting. It can even lead to death.

Your body can olny process so much water at a time. Excess is expelled...sometimes in not so fun ways. :)

The greater concern lies in the depletion of essential electrolytes in blood and tissues. That's why some companies have touted the purported boon of the various sports drinks. A study a couple of years ago, though, showed that those drinks didn't do much in the way of restoring these electrolytes any more than water.

Bottom line: if you've exercised so much that you're seriously water-deprived, take only small sips over time, don't gulp huge quantities of fluids. Water can indeed kill you! :shock:

Last edited:
The greater concern lies in the depletion of essential ions in blood and tissues. That's why some companies have touted the purported boon of the various sports drinks. A study a couple of years ago, though, showed that those drinks didn't do much in the way of restoring calcium, potassium, etc., any more than water.

Bottom line: if you've exercised so much that you're seriously water-deprived, take only small sips over time, don't gulp huge quantities of fluids. Water can indeed kill you! :shock:

Thanks for the info, I never thought about it.

The greater concern lies in the depletion of essential ions in blood and tissues. That's why some companies have touted the purported boon of the various sports drinks. A study a couple of years ago, though, showed that those drinks didn't do much in the way of restoring calcium, potassium, etc., any more than water.

I agree it is a concern that most people are unaware of.... I was simply responding to Desh to inform her that water can indeed induce vomitting and diarhea.

Remember the lady who died drinking water in that contest?

You can get too much of a good thing.
There was also a college fraternity kid who died doing this, they had replaced their alcohol with water in their hazing and it killed the kid.

I agree it is a concern that most people are unaware of.... I was simply responding to Desh to inform her that water can indeed induce vomitting and diarhea.

They are not side effects of water.

They are side effects of water of overconsumption of water.

There is differance.

If they had said the dihydromonoxcide in massive doses causes vomiting they may have been OK but they didnt .

They are not side effects of water.

They are side effects of water of overconsumption of water.

There is differance.

If they had said the dihydromonoxcide in massive doses causes vomiting they may have been OK but they didnt .

Quit trying to spin it Desh... they said quite clearly, that dihydromonoxide CAN cause diarhea and vomitting. Which it most certainly can. Stating "when taken in large quantities" is a clarifier and doesn't make the statement any more or less true, it just explains the "how" better. If they wanted to be clear, they would have just told people it was water.

Just because you were not aware of that it could have these effects doesn't make their statement any less true.

Back