The Gods of Linux have taken their vengeance upon me

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Today I decided I'd like to delete my linux partition and reclaim that 10GB.

So I deleted the partition, and then found that I couldn't extend the volume with disk management. I didn't like the idea of rebooting into linux, so I dug around and found a shitty proprietary partitioner (for some reason, there are NO free open source partitioners for Windows) that I had pirated ages back. It forced me to reboot, repartitioned. Then Windows began to boot.

BSOD.

Gah. Why don't I try to boot to the last known good configuration?

BSOD.

Why don't I try to boot to safe mode?

BSOD.

Well why don't I try to open these system repair options?

Boots to a black screen with a mouse.

Well, I always have the Windows 7 disc to go back on, maybe I can do a chkdsk, a repair install, or install over the installation if nothing else works.

Boots to a black screen with a mouse.

WTF??! It fucked up my system so bad that the Windows 7 disc doesn't even work! How is that even possible?!

Anyway, for ironies sake, I'm now booted to a Kubuntu live disc.

I have a programming project that's going to take at least 20 hours. This needs to be compiled with the Microsoft C++ compiler, because if I use the GNU compiler it may not compile when my teacher tries out the code.

I'm doomed.

I didn't want to reformat the hard drive.

Anyway, after a few hours of searching I figured out that it wouldn't boot into system restore or the startup disc because I had to set my SATA mode to EIDE compatible. It's never needed this before, but the fix worked.

Then I ran chkdsk and it fixed everything.

Back