The great GOP savior has arrived!

Onceler

Thompson's going to announce that he's running on September 6, according to MSNBC (not sure how they told MSNBC that without announcing it in some way).

How friggin' hilarious is it that this is the guy who's going to re-energize the campaign for the right?

It's amazing. Nobody ever said, I need a goodlooking, charismatic guy who just radiates brains and energy, get Fred Thompson on the phone. But that's how the Republican base seems to view him.

It really says something about what they have to choose from.

It's amazing. Nobody ever said, I need a goodlooking, charismatic guy who just radiates brains and energy, get Fred Thompson on the phone. But that's how the Republican base seems to view him.

It really says something about what they have to choose from.

That's really quite disturbing. I'm concerned that it might make the Dems less careful ...

Thompson's going to announce that he's running on September 6, according to MSNBC (not sure how they told MSNBC that without announcing it in some way).

How friggin' hilarious is it that this is the guy who's going to re-energize the campaign for the right?
m If he gets the nod, and I see it somewhat possible, then there will surely be a third party movement

Has anyone seen pictures of this guy lately. He looks old, tired and haggard. How he was annointed the savior is beyoind me, but I have a tough time understanding Republicans in the first place.

Nevertheless, I think Mike Huckabee has it about right:

"I frankly don't get it. I mean I'm not being unkind I just don't understand it because there's not a substantial record in the Senate in him having authored the landmark signature bill that changed America. There's not been in essence the kind of thing that says boy I remember when he did and then you fill in the blank. I think a lot of it is that people aren't sure whether they're electing a former senator or Arthur Branch."

Umm what landmark things did Regan, Clinton or either Bush do before becoming president ?

It is all about Perception , not substance

Umm what landmark things did Regan, Clinton or either Bush do before becoming president ?

It is all about Perception , not substance

Well, Reagan and Bush were both large state governors at least. And Clinton was a dark horse candidate that came out of nowhere, although he was also a governor and a former state attorney general. As far as I recall (with maybe the exception of Reagan) none of those guys were pegged as the savior of their party.

Thompson has no significant executive experience, had a lackluster Senate tenure, served as a lobbyist for a while, is a lawyer and actor. Now suddenly he's the Great White Hope of the GOP.

Well, Reagan and Bush were both large state governors at least. And Clinton was a dark horse candidate that came out of nowhere, although he was also a governor and a former state attorney general. As far as I recall (with maybe the exception of Reagan) none of those guys were pegged as the savior of their party.

Thompson has no significant executive experience, had a lackluster Senate tenure, served as a lobbyist for a while, is a lawyer and actor. Now suddenly he's the Great White Hope of the GOP.

yeah and the gov in TX has very little power. TX made sure of that after they had a particularially bad one.

Bush I was CIA director and such I believe.

It will be a miracle if the Republicans win this election this year or should I say the Democrats succeed in losing it?

All the Dems need to do is run with the following slogan: "Just look at the burning Bush". Maybe one or two creative adds showing GWB with horns on his head surrounded by flames. It will remind Americans of the Hell this pResident has put us through during his term.

Hell, I might just vote Democrat to make sure his chosen successor doesn't slide in there. No, on second thought, I won't vote for either party of corruption.

Immie

It will be a miracle if the Republicans win this election this year or should I say the Democrats succeed in losing it?

All the Dems need to do is run with the following slogan: "Just look at the burning Bush". Maybe one or two creative adds showing GWB with horns on his head surrounded by flames. It will remind Americans of the Hell this pResident has put us through during his term.

Hell, I might just vote Democrat to make sure his chosen successor doesn't slide in there. No, on second thought, I won't vote for either party of corruption.

Immie
how about a Team like Hagel/Bloomberg?

Back