The Libby "Pardon" and Rightwing Authoritarianism...

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
The Scooter Libby "pardon" explained: A journey into the mind of the rightwing authoritarian (RWA)...

Here's what Robert Altemeyer says is one of the distinguishing characteristists of a high RWA:

RWAs: "In fact they’d send just about anyone to jail for a longer time than most people would, from those who spit on the sidewalk to rapists. However, ... authoritarian followers usually would go easy on authorities who commit crimes, and they similarly make allowances for someone who attacks a victim the authoritarian is prejudiced against."

--Dr. Robert Altemeyer, Professor of Psychology, University of Manitova -- from his book "The Authoritarian Specter"

http://members.shaw.ca/perchaluk/drbob/chapter1.pdf

I just saw a headline a few minutes ago saying that Bush "won't rule out a pardon" for Libby. This really makes me sick! :mad:

I can only assume that Bush and Cheney don't care that they've pretty much sealed off whatever meager chances might have remained for a Republican Presidential candidate in '08.

I just saw a headline a few minutes ago saying that Bush "won't rule out a pardon" for Libby. This really makes me sick! :mad:

I can only assume that Bush and Cheney don't care that they've pretty much sealed off whatever meager chances might have remained for a Republican Presidential candidate in '08.

The people that still support the republicans are going to continue to do so. They have an undying and blind loyalty to them that won't be interrupted.

You should have heard the apologists on CSPAN this morning talking about how Libby was railroaded.

You know what I think? I don't think bush and cheney give a crap how this - or anything else they do - will affect their legacy or the republican party.

they've got something to hide. And they're desparate to hide it. Bush went way out of his way to take care of scooter. I think he's rewarding loyalty, so scooter won't blab. I also think bush is blowing off all the subpeanas, because he has much to hide.

Really, I think he's acting like someone trying to hide something.

The people that still support the republicans are going to continue to do so. They have an undying and blind loyalty to them that won't be interrupted.

You should have heard the apologists on CSPAN this morning talking about how Libby was railroaded.

But everybody else in prison is "guilty" even those who had no evidence against them other than one eye witness, and whose attorney, literally, fell asleep during their trial. And in their cases, it's ok if we execute them too.

This is why I have zero tolerance for these people.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. and what the Dems intend to do about it. Once more. I think the Pres went to far. let's see if the Dems agree.

I think it's the American people who have to do something about it. The dems are going to make a lot of noise, but once again, they were out-manuevered.

I think it's the American people who have to do something about it. The dems are going to make a lot of noise, but once again, they were out-manuevered.

Which is why my patience with them is running thin too.

flood the white house with calls...I just did:

White House Phone Numbers

-Comments: 202-456-1111

You know what I think? I don't think bush and cheney give a crap how this - or anything else they do - will affect their legacy or the republican party.

they've got something to hide. And they're desparate to hide it. Bush went way out of his way to take care of scooter. I think he's rewarding loyalty, so scooter won't blab. I also think bush is blowing off all the subpeanas, because he has much to hide.

Really, I think he's acting like someone trying to hide something.
I think that's very obvious, but this time I think it is the protection of Chenny.

Boy do I remember asking this question when there was heavily redacted documents suddenly found two years after they were subpoenaed.

I love the argument that it must be okay if the other side did it~!

You kids are being bamboozled. This whole furor is a ruse to draw your attention away from the fact that NOBODY was held accountable for the willful outing of a CIA agent.

These are the tactics:

1) Spin
2) Stall
3) Stall
4) Spin
5) Check the time
6) Stall
7) Stall
8) Present a quasi-connected "conviction"
9) Stall
10) Commute
11) Stall
12) Spin
13) December, 2008, Pardon...

Soon after, Scooter Libby, and Patrick Fitzgerald find themselves on the board of some corporate board...WELL compensated for their "efforts".

It's all a big fucking game.

Back