The Mighty Ducks

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

The Ducks, who need one more win to earn their spot in the conference title game, could be back in Pasadena, Calif., for the second time in three years.

They could return to Glendale, Ariz., for a second straight season as a Fiesta Bowl invitee.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...1/13/oregon.stanford/index.html#ixzz1dZwlROew

oregon-cheerleaders.jpg

Not really. I normally would have been rooting for the Ducks, as the standard-barer for the PAC to go on, but since they already had lost (badly), I was rooting for Stanford. Since the Cardinal proved they aren't capable of beating a tough opponent, then I will be supporting whoever may actually have a chance of beating LSU in the BCS, which is Oklahoma State. They murdered the team which beat the Spooners, and so I am confident they will defeat OU, and remain undefeated.

That said, the Oregon colors are still awesome, the cheerleaders are still hot, and it was quite victory.

Oregon is the logical and rightful choice to play the Tigers in a rematch.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tate-their-case-title-game-rematch-lsu-tigers

LSU beat ya'll like a redheaded stepchild. Yeah, Oregon scored the most points but you were outscored by LSU so badly that it was humiliating. Of the 27 points, 14 were scored in the 4th qtr when Oregon was beaten and LSU was playing 3rd string players.

There is only one team who can beat LSU. The Crimson Tide. (now if only we could find a kicker)

Oregon had 53 points in its surprisingly easy 53-30 victory against undefeated -- oops, that's past tense now -- Stanford on Saturday evening.

The Ducks basically put the Tree in a woodchipper. They ended Stanford's undefeated season and any chance of a national championship appearance. They ended Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck's Heisman Trophy front-runner status.

And maybe, just maybe, they ended Alabama's claim as the best one-loss team in the country.

Right now, there are only three unbeaten teams left in the country: LSU, Oklahoma State and Houston. LSU still has Arkansas at home and then, presumably, the SEC championship game.

Alabama was rooting for a TCU win against Boise, and it got it. Alabama was rooting for an Oregon win against Stanford, and it got it.

Oregon's response: Be careful what you wish for.

ncf_g_jamesl_b4_300.jpg

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tate-their-case-title-game-rematch-lsu-tigers

Oregon had 53 points in its surprisingly easy 53-30 victory against undefeated -- oops, that's past tense now -- Stanford on Saturday evening.

The Ducks basically put the Tree in a woodchipper. They ended Stanford's undefeated season and any chance of a national championship appearance. They ended Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck's Heisman Trophy front-runner status.

And maybe, just maybe, they ended Alabama's claim as the best one-loss team in the country.

Right now, there are only three unbeaten teams left in the country: LSU, Oklahoma State and Houston. LSU still has Arkansas at home and then, presumably, the SEC championship game.

Alabama was rooting for a TCU win against Boise, and it got it. Alabama was rooting for an Oregon win against Stanford, and it got it.

Oregon's response: Be careful what you wish for.

ncf_g_jamesl_b4_300.jpg

Bama fans got what they wished for, no question. And it is the best thing for us.

Of the one loss teams, only Bama, Oregon, and OK have a shot at the title game. LSU has beaten two of those teams already, and OK got seriously whipped by a team that has been beaten by everyone else.

OK is out because they lost to a crappy team.

So that leaves Bama and Oregon.

One of those teams got whipped hard by LSU.
One of those teams played LSU down to the wire and lost in OT.

One of those two teams was down 30-13 going into the 4th qtr in their loss to LSU.
One of those teams was ahead of LSU going into the 4th qtr.

One of those teams got whipped, beaten and humiliated.
One of those teams showed themselves capable of beating LSU.

If there is a rematch it should be the best team playing in it. That would be Bama.

Legion troll hear me now believe me later.
lSU would be a 14 pt favorite vs ducks
We would only be a 2 or 3 pt favorite vs tide, and that would be due to home field advantage with all the coon asses in Nawlins

I really can't see anyone who has lost going to the BCS. Oklahoma State will play LSU unless is loses to Oklahoma. After the Cowboys-Spooners game, the BCS should be a lock unless LSU randomly chokes on a minor conference opponent. Then, Alabama might be given a shot in its place.

I really can't see anyone who has lost going to the BCS. Oklahoma State will play LSU unless is loses to Oklahoma. After the Cowboys-Spooners game, the BCS should be a lock unless LSU randomly chokes on a minor conference opponent. Then, Alabama might be given a shot in its place.

I don't think I'd call Arkansas a "minor conference opponent". They are 9-1 and ranked #6 in the BCS poll.

Legion troll hear me now believe me later. lSU would be a 14 pt favorite vs ducks
We would only be a 2 or 3 pt favorite vs tide, and that would be due to home field advantage with all the coon asses in Nawlins

We? Are you claiming to have attended LSU?

We? Are you claiming to have attended LSU?

College football is not just for those who attended a school. I have friends who have been lifelong Bama fans. They are quite right in saying "we" when they talk about the Crimson Tide. They provide financial support. They provide the fan base that makes college football so special. And they provide the "12th Man" noise factor in a home (or for some schools even away) games.

College football is not just for those who attended a school. I have friends who have been lifelong Bama fans. They are quite right in saying "we" when they talk about the Crimson Tide. They provide financial support. They provide the fan base that makes college football so special. And they provide the "12th Man" noise factor in a home (or for some schools even away) games.

Astounding. You have friends?

Actually, I think Toppy was undergrad at LSU. I know one of his sons went or still attends.

Astounding. Don't they teach basic English at LSU?

Back