The NCAA

I am really amazed that the NCAA delayed punishment until the 2011 season.

Who thought that was appropriate? At least OSU gets to keep these players for the bowl game. Maybe they'll break the 9 bowl game losing run against the SEC. Hell, it dates back to Woody & Bear.

But the fact that the NCAA let Cam keep playing and threw this at OSU is bullshit. I think the NCAA Infractions Committee is looking at the money made in games?

I am really amazed that the NCAA delayed punishment until the 2011 season.

Who thought that was appropriate? At least OSU gets to keep these players for the bowl game. Maybe they'll break the 9 bowl game losing run against the SEC. Hell, it dates back to Woody & Bear.

But the fact that the NCAA let Cam keep playing and threw this at OSU is bullshit. I think the NCAA Infractions Committee is looking at the money made in games?
Well not only that but the severity of the punishment. Cam gets a shot at the national championship and a Heisman trophy. What should have been a warning or a 1 game suspension is a 5 game suspension cause their really pissed off at Cam. This is so royally fucked up. I have a sneaky hunch these suspensions get reduced to 1 game. I man holy fuck, he sold the god damned ring for less then it cost!

Well not only that but the severity of the punishment. Cam gets a shot at the national championship and a Heisman trophy. What should have been a warning or a 1 game suspension is a 5 game suspension cause their really pissed off at Cam. This is so royally fucked up. I have a sneaky hunch these suspensions get reduced to 1 game. I man holy fuck, he sold the god damned ring for less then it cost!

The worst part, imho, is the injustice to the players who served their suspensions at the beginning of the year. What would GA have done if AJ Green had been playing those first games?

The worst part, imho, is the injustice to the players who served their suspensions at the beginning of the year. What would GA have done if AJ Green had been playing those first games?
Oh it's a complete insult to them. We know why the 5 OSU players weren't suspended for the Sugar Bowl, the fucking hypocrits. I mean shit like this, when Cam Newton walks scott free after his Daddy shopped him around for $180,000 and Dez Bryant getting suspended for a year for lying about something that wasn't even an NCAA violation?

The real fucking sick hypocracy here is that you can go to an OSU web site and purchase an authentic OSU #2 game day jersey for about $300.

All four of the athletes suspended for 5 games have NFL stock and should be drafted if the come out. There's no way their NFL stock can go up if they play next season. They'll come in midseason rusty and risk injury. Their NFL draft status can only go down after the Sugar Bowl. All 4 of them should sign with the agent of their choice as soon as the Sugar Bowl is over and FUCK THE NCAA!!!

I don't even fucking know if I'm going to watch the game. Congress needs to do something about these clowns. If it was one of my kids, I'd be raising hell!! They make millions of those kids backs and then they smear their reputation for trying to capitalize off their names? I mean seriously, it's ok for the University to do that and not the athletes?

If anyone in sports needs a union it's Div 1 College football players! Neither the Universities, the NCAA, The Media or anyone is looking out for their best interest. Their just so much meat.

Oh it's a complete insult to them. We know why the 5 OSU players weren't suspended for the Sugar Bowl, the fucking hypocrits. I mean shit like this, when Cam Newton walks scott free after his Daddy shopped him around for $180,000 and Dez Bryant getting suspended for a year for lying about something that wasn't even an NCAA violation?

The real fucking sick hypocracy here is that you can go to an OSU web site and purchase an authentic OSU #2 game day jersey for about $300.

All four of the athletes suspended for 5 games have NFL stock and should be drafted if the come out. There's no way their NFL stock can go up if they play next season. They'll come in midseason rusty and risk injury. Their NFL draft status can only go down after the Sugar Bowl. All 4 of them should sign with the agent of their choice as soon as the Sugar Bowl is over and FUCK THE NCAA!!!

I don't even fucking know if I'm going to watch the game. Congress needs to do something about these clowns. If it was one of my kids, I'd be raising hell!! They make millions of those kids backs and then they smear their reputation for trying to capitalize off their names? I mean seriously, it's ok for the University to do that and not the athletes?

If anyone in sports needs a union it's Div 1 College football players! Neither the Universities, the NCAA, The Media or anyone is looking out for their best interest. Their just so much meat.

Only those under the NCAA are not allowed to sell their personal property. I mean, wtf kind of nonsense is that?

I'd hate to see it for OSU, but if I were one of the players I would be sorely tempted to sign with an agent NOW and say fuck them all. THAT would be a way to slap back.

Only those under the NCAA are not allowed to sell their personal property. I mean, wtf kind of nonsense is that?

I'd hate to see it for OSU, but if I were one of the players I would be sorely tempted to sign with an agent NOW and say fuck them all. THAT would be a way to slap back.
It is and they will. Pryor, Adams and Posey would go as 2nd or 3rd rounders. Herron would probably go 6th or 7th. By all means they should go. They would be silly to stay.

It is and they will. Pryor, Adams and Posey would go as 2nd or 3rd rounders. Herron would probably go 6th or 7th. By all means they should go. They would be silly to stay.

No, I think you misunderstand. I was suggesting that they get an agent now and declare themselves ineligible for the Sugar Bowl. Let the NCAA see that the students are more important than the money made by a bowl game.

No, I think you misunderstand. I was suggesting that they get an agent now and declare themselves ineligible for the Sugar Bowl. Let the NCAA see that the students are more important than the money made by a bowl game.
Ahhh, I do see your point. It would be a nice way of thumbing their noses at the NCAA. From their view point. Their better off going out in a blaze of glory and performing well. That could impact their draft stock in a positive direction. If it wasn't for that. I'd agree with you.

I still think the best solution to the problem is one that the NCAA, Coaches, administrators and athletic directors would all abhor. A college players union. Can you see the NCAA's asshole puckering when the college players union threatens a strike during the Rose Bowl cause they pulled some asinine stunt like this? With a union a player like Dez Bryant will have an advocate who actually has his best interest at hear. The NCAA sure doesn't.

Back