The Non whiney thread

Yurt

Willin to be Chillin
I don't care who you are, tell us a story.

Doesn't have to be to personal, just a story.

I'll start with one:

I jumped off a pier while high because my buddy dared me. And said, if I do this you better follow.

He did.

In the 1500's in france, people mysteriously started dancing uncontrollably, for days and days, and they were unable to stop. At one point up to 400 people were doing this. It wasn't a fun thing. They couldn't stop. Multiple people died.

From wikipedia:
The dancing plague (or dance epidemic) of 1518 was a case of dancing mania that occurred in Strasbourg, Alsace, (now modern day France) in the Holy Roman Empire in July 1518. Around 400 people took to dancing for days without rest and, over the period of about one month, some of those affected collapsed or even died of heart attack, stroke, or exhaustion.

The outbreak began in July 1518 when a woman, Mrs. Troffea, began to dance fervently in a street in Strasbourg.[1] This lasted somewhere between four and six days. Within a week, 34 others had joined, and within a month, there were around 400 dancers, predominantly female. Some of these people would die from heart attacks, strokes, or exhaustion.[1] One report indicates that for a period, the plague killed around fifteen people per day.

Waller speculates that the dancing was "stress-induced psychosis" on a mass level, since the region where the people danced was riddled with starvation and disease, and the inhabitants tended to be superstitious. Seven other cases of dancing plague were reported in the same region during the medieval era.[7]

This could have been a florid example of psychogenic movement disorder happening in mass hysteria or mass psychogenic illness, which involves many individuals – small groups to almost 1000 people – suddenly exhibiting the same bizarre behavior.

In the 1500's in france, people mysteriously started dancing uncontrollably, for days and days, and they were unable to stop. At one point up to 400 people were doing this. It wasn't a fun thing. They couldn't stop. Multiple people died.

From wikipedia:

That happened to me when we got a hold of some pharmaceutical PCP from a Veterinarian.We were sky high for 12 hours,craziest day of my life

There was this fag who was a sports player and he said man now that I'm rich I can fag straight people like theres no tomorrow. So he called up some of his fag sports buddies and said hey were gonna rape this dude until his colon falls out no one will ever know its us cause you know were rich and famous. And so they pulled up a block away from this dudes house in the middle of the night and they get in sneaker mode and plan to break in. So they get inside this dudes house and unfortunate for them he had his house perimeter outfitted with motion sensors and he put on heat sensor goggles as soon as his alarm woke him and got two pistols out of his drawer next to his bed and he set off another security feature that cut all power in his house so no lights could be turned on. He quickly went downstairs and hid waiting for them to go up to his bedroom. One of them said hey man the light wont turn on. And as they climbed the stairs the dude who was proudly defending his house from the intrusive sneakers shot them all in the back before they got to the top of the stairs. True story.

From wikipedia:

The beginning of liberalism?

Back