“The Queen’s Gambit” - Netflix

We are currently on the Undoing HBO.

Netflix we will cancel soon I think.

Too much crap content.

Finish 1/5

Going

Down

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...etflix-what-to-watch?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I'm going to have to sign up for Netflix. I've played tournament chess on the state level-
nothing like the US Open etc.. I'm sure it's just drama -but how many shows revolve around chess?
I want to see this -anyone watched it?

Russians loooooove chess. It's because they don't know how to talk to girls. ;)

Okay, seriously, I like chess and the show is already on my playlist. Just had to give all the Russophiles a bit of дерьмо first.

I believe Garry Kasparov would be a compelling subject for a documentary or Netflix production.

A legendary chess grandmaster, an anti-Putin democratic activist, a pro-democracy political dissenter, is a mix which would make compelling subject for film making, imo.

Russians loooooove chess. It's because they don't know how to talk to girls. ;)

Okay, seriously, I like chess and the show is already on my playlist. Just had to give all the Russophiles a bit of дерьмо first.

Great stuff. Having played tournament chess back in the day the chess stuff is amazingly on point from how players touch the pieces to how they hit the clock. But chess is just the backdrop for the human story. Well done show.

I believe Garry Kasparov would be a compelling subject for a documentary or Netflix production.

A legendary chess grandmaster, an anti-Putin democratic activist, a pro-democracy political dissenter, is a mix which would make compelling subject for film making, imo.

I believe he was a consultant on the series. Very interesting guy.

Great stuff. Having played tournament chess back in the day the chess stuff is amazingly on point from how players touch the pieces to how they hit the clock. But chess is just the backdrop for the human story. Well done show.
I miss wood pushing. I played tourneys at the state level
online cliking is no substitute for feeling the pieces and seeing the board

I miss wood pushing. I played tourneys at the state level
online cliking is no substitute for feeling the pieces and seeing the board

Green felt board and weighted plastic pieces. I had a whole collection of sets, but definitely that's what I was used to playing tournaments with. I had a really nice wooden clock as well. Taking a piece and punching the button with it was a sublime feeling.

Green felt board and weighted plastic pieces. I had a whole collection of sets, but definitely that's what I was used to playing tournaments with. I had a really nice wooden clock as well. Taking a piece and punching the button with it was a sublime feeling.
of course. weighted plastic Staunton Style
I have a nice brown and white rollout around here somewhere

My uncle was a woodworker and made me a really nice wooden board with 2.25 inch squares of maple and teak
I got it wrapped up
- there is a chess club near me but i'm too damn old now and the mind is not nimble enough to take on the kids..lol
https://orlandochessfestival.org/about

Back