The "Real Exorcist"... on SCIFI

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
This dude used to be on the radio. One very entertaining radio show.

I'd always laugh because when they did "exorcisms" at church when I was a kid the 'demons' cussing would have ensured no radio show would have ever been able to carry it, yet this guy would exorcise demons over the air with nary a curse word... live an' everything.

Amazing how the 'demons' showed restraint on the radio, but not in a church...

Although, I saw a half-hour of this TV show and it appears the same as the radio show. I think these people are plants.

I say a little of that last night while channel surfing. But Constantine was on another channel, so I watched Keano battle demons instead.

I never quite can manage to buy into the exorcism routine.

I say a little of that last night while channel surfing. But Constantine was on another channel, so I watched Keano battle demons instead.

I never quite can manage to buy into the exorcism routine.
It's very hokey.

Like the "healing prayer" services where absolutely nobody ever gets actually healed. They fail to note that you know these people very well and would note, say, Darlene suddenly getting up from her wheelchair, or Anton (names changed to protect the religious) suddenly regrowing a limb...

I have rarely attended any church in my life.

They were always the really boring kind.

I just cant imagine having to sit through a fake exorcism of the janitor at the local school.

Organized religion is so very wierd.

This dude used to be on the radio. One very entertaining radio show.

I'd always laugh because when they did "exorcisms" at church when I was a kid the 'demons' cussing would have ensured no radio show would have ever been able to carry it, yet this guy would exorcise demons over the air with nary a curse word... live an' everything.

Amazing how the 'demons' showed restraint on the radio, but not in a church...

Although, I saw a half-hour of this TV show and it appears the same as the radio show. I think these people are plants.

they don't need "Plants" Damo, there are plenty of Republicans around.

I have rarely attended any church in my life.

They were always the really boring kind.

I just cant imagine having to sit through a fake exorcism of the janitor at the local school.

Organized religion is so very weird.

I went to a funeral at a Southern Baptist church on the weekend. It was quite an experience, not one I'd look forward to repeating.

Funerals can be strange no matter where they are.

People have a tuff time with death in this culture.

I dont think I could take a full on church one though.

Funerals can be strange no matter where they are.

People have a tuff time with death in this culture.

I dont think I could take a full on church one though.

The church service part of the funeral isn't what I dislike.

The worst is the family receiving friends the night before. The whole idea of a dead body dressed up and placed under tracklighting for display to friends is bizarre.

Then the family (who are in the worst shape) have to stand and shake hands with this long line of people who say the same "I'm so sorry..." platitudes.

Thats why I am not having a funeral. I have told my wife & kids to throw a wake instead. Everyone laugh & get drunk.

Anyone know the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake? One less drunk.

The church service part of the funeral isn't what I dislike.

The worst is the family receiving friends the night before. The whole idea of a dead body dressed up and placed under tracklighting for display to friends is bizarre.

Then the family (who are in the worst shape) have to stand and shake hands with this long line of people who say the same "I'm so sorry..." platitudes.

Thats why I am not having a funeral. I have told my wife & kids to throw a wake instead. Everyone laugh & get drunk.

Anyone know the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake? One less drunk.

That suits both of us too. I know that my poor husband could never deal with all the hoopla that's involved in a funeral, and he wouldn't want me to (neither would I) either. I understand that for some people it's an essential part of dealing with death and beginning to let go, but that isn't part of our makeup.

I told my brother that as soon as he finds out I am dead to take my body and throw it off a cliff somewhere difficult to find...

That suits both of us too. I know that my poor husband could never deal with all the hoopla that's involved in a funeral, and he wouldn't want me to (neither would I) either. I understand that for some people it's an essential part of dealing with death and beginning to let go, but that isn't part of our makeup.

This is another important thing that people don't think about. My middle son is the executor of my will, because I think he will be in the best shape emotionally. My wife won't be, nor will my oldest.

This is another important thing that people don't think about. My middle son is the executor of my will, because I think he will be in the best shape emotionally. My wife won't be, nor will my oldest.
The death of a father for a male child is usually very effecting. You may want to give it to your daughter if you have one. I was nearly crippled when my father died.

The death of a father for a male child is usually very effecting. You may want to give it to your daughter if you have one. I was nearly crippled when my father died.

That is why I did not make my oldest my executor. His younger brother will be solid and dependable, even during the toughest parts.

That is why I did not make my oldest my executor. His younger brother will be solid and dependable, even during the toughest parts.
Yeah, when I had to be I was, but it was difficult. It was not a good time. It would have been better if he hadn't been so young, and he had told me it was coming.

If I have one bit of advice for people who are about to die it would be:

It does not "save" sorrow for your children if you don't tell them you are dying. Tell them.

It does not "save" sorrow for your children if you don't tell them you are dying. Tell them.
//

Yep call em on the phone right before you blow your brains out.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, when I had to be I was, but it was difficult. It was not a good time. It would have been better if he hadn't been so young, and he had told me it was coming.

If I have one bit of advice for people who are about to die it would be:

Absolutely right. My Dad tried to tell us he'd just have this "procedure" and he'd be fine. He had leukemia, and he seemed to think that we wouldn't check up the more formal name, myelofibrosis, and learn what it really was. Whether or not he was in complete denial himself is still in question, but of course we knew and were able, at least, to be realistic about it.

I'm the eldest so a lot of the moral support, at least, fell to me.

Absolutely right. My Dad tried to tell us he'd just have this "procedure" and he'd be fine. He had leukemia, and he seemed to think that we wouldn't check up the more formal name, myelofibrosis, and learn what it really was. Whether or not he was in complete denial himself is still in question, but of course we knew and were able, at least, to be realistic about it.

I'm the eldest so a lot of the moral support, at least, fell to me.
I kept asking him.. "So what did the doctor say?" his answer was consistently, "I'm okay."

He'd go on about how he was "tired" then when I asked what the doctor said he'd answer the standard. That was his attempt at trying to tell me.

I learned it when I was called in to tell them to turn off the machines.

I kept asking him.. "So what did the doctor say?" his answer was consistently, "I'm okay."

He'd go on about how he was "tired" then when I asked what the doctor said he'd answer the standard. That was his attempt at trying to tell me.

I learned it when I was called in to tell them to turn off the machines.

OMG! No wonder you were crushed! I'm sure that on some level your Dad was trying to spare you but, perhaps similar to mine, he couldn't bring himself to face it fully either. In light of several other things, I'm fairly certain that my father did not accept that he was going to die until just before he slipped into the final coma.

I watched my mom in a coma for 3 weeks, and when my dad and my siblings made the decision to turn off the machines she died before we had to do it.

My dad had some sort of brain siezure 7 years later, and we had to remove him from life support.

The up side of both is that they didn't suffer.

Back