The reality of new conservatisim

6a00d8341c5f3053ef013485dc2183970c-800wi

Well, that's somewhat dark.

Actually the rich usually make most of their income in capital gains, so it'd be closer to 15%. Which gives the tax rate a somewhat funny curve, sharply rising until you reach 50k (at which point people pay around 30% in federal taxes), gently sloping up until you reach the 1% (at which point people pay around 35%), and then falling back to the rates of the poor once you get to the super-rich.

Especially when you're willing to give up 1/3 of your income aren't you?

If I can STILL eat at 4 star restaurants, have champaign in my state of the art chauffer driven limo and play golf on my estate, no problem.

Once again, the King of Guns misses the target! ;)

If I can STILL eat at 4 star restaurants, have champaign in my state of the art chauffer driven limo and play golf on my estate, no problem.

Once again, the King of Guns misses the target! ;)
So why don't you give more now though? I mean you obviously have some level of disposable income, and there are obviously those that do not, so why aren't you giving your disposable income away?

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

Once again, the King of Guns misses the target!

So why don't you give more now though? I mean you obviously have some level of disposable income, and there are obviously those that do not, so why aren't you giving your disposable income away?

And here we have the King of Guns not only missing the target, but shooting blanks!

Read the cartoon again, bunky. And if you STILL don't get it, I'll dumb it down for you.

Best sig line ever, the Orwell quote.

My corollary: During times of universal deceit, learning real history becomes a revolutionary act.

And here we have the King of Guns not only missing the target, but shooting blanks!

Read the cartoon again, bunky. And if you STILL don't get it, I'll dumb it down for you.
You'll have to pardon me if I don't typically ascribe much to cartoons, on the basis that they're cartoons.

You're obviously very upset that the rich pay around 2x the rate of the average earner, in addition to the exponential amount they pay even at the same rate. And you're certainly suggesting that they give more, but that you shouldn't for some reason. Why are you immune from the same level of scrutiny you place on the wealthy? I know you think adding long winded and 'clever' insults to your posts gives you some sort of intellectual high ground, but it doesn't.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

You'll have to pardon me if I don't typically ascribe much to cartoons, on the basis that they're cartoons.

Whenever clowns like the King of Guns cannot logically defend their beliefs or support their critics, they try to mock the discussion as somewhat a joke and beneath them.....which logically means that the King of Guns is a nut who wastes time commenting on things that don't mean much to him. :confused: Anyway, let's see what BS the King of Guns shoots off next.

You're obviously very upset that the rich pay around 2x the rate of the average earner, in addition to the exponential amount they pay even at the same rate. And you're certainly suggesting that they give more, but that you shouldn't for some reason. Why are you immune from the same level of scrutiny you place on the wealthy? I know you think adding long winded and 'clever' insults to your posts gives you some sort of intellectual high ground, but it doesn't.

Obviously, the King of Guns missed the target again. The cartoon demonstrates that the rich guy, though crying about a 1/3 of his wealth going to taxes, is still LOADED with cash....enough to STILL enjoy 4 star restaurants, limos with all the trappings, fine wines, an estate with his own private golf course. He can well AFFORD the taxes, and it DOES NOT AFFECT HIS LIFESTYLE.

Meanwhile, the rich guy is livid that the duck is getting unemployment, pays little taxes because he's poor, eats a candy bar, takes public transportation and gets a free burial. The fact that the duck dies as a result of no health insurance means nothing to the rich guy, who's pissed at his "free" burial.

Now the King of Guns wants to ignore the emphasis of the cartoon and instead repeat the psycho talk of the neocon cabal....blame folk like lucky ducky for having anything on via the federal gov't, while sympathize for the rich guy for his perceived woes and jealousy. the King of Guns stupidly believes that the rich guy gives a shit about him....I guess his job hasn't been outsourced yet.

So let's watch the King of Guns keep missing the target while wearing his neocon blinders.

Arguing that a tax on income above 200k is an evil discrimination against people who make more than 200k is like arguing that a tax on boats is evil discrimination against people who own boats. As long as we have taxation, it makes sense to tax it in the way that does the least harm. And it does less harm to tax the rich at a higher rate than it does to tax the poor.

Arguing that a tax on income above 200k is an evil discrimination against people who make more than 200k is like arguing that a tax on boats is evil discrimination against people who own boats. As long as we have taxation, it makes sense to tax it in the way that does the least harm. And it does less harm to tax the rich at a higher rate than it does to tax the poor.
I disagree. Even at a flat rate a man who makes 200k a year pays 10x what a man who makes 20k a year pays.

or that a tax on CERTAIN guns or CERTAIN naturally growing items is non prohibitive. your argument is invalid so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head.

bunny_pancake.jpg

I disagree. Even at a flat rate a man who makes 200k a year pays 10x what a man who makes 20k a year pays.

A person making 200k a year wouldn't pay a tax on income OVER 200k a year. And they have far more LEFT after taxes. 2k from 20k hurts someone a great deal more than 20k from 200k.

Originally Posted by King of Nothing
or that a tax on CERTAIN guns or CERTAIN naturally growing items is non prohibitive. your argument is invalid so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head.

bunny_pancake.jpg

You're not making sense, STY. The bottom line here is that people who can well afford a tax increase as opposed to people who can't is what puts revenue into the country's coffers for infrastructure while NOT putting more people on welfare or out in the streets. Like it or not, YOU have grown up in a society that gave you the means and resources to grow and prosper via taxes. The average Joe's taxes has lessened in regards to what can be claimed or written off, while the more wealthy have seen their ability to write off, loophole and hide their income increase....and the country in the whole suffers. The cartoon just elaborates on the mindset behind all this.

Back