The Republican Bloodbath Continues....

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Insurgents launched a deadly coordinated attack on an American combat patrol, detonating a roadside bomb, then firing guns and rocket-propelled grenades at the soldiers, the U.S. military said Friday. Five troops were killed.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Iraq.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Reid, Pelosi to announce ‘coordinated effort’ to end war.

The Politico’s John Bresnehan reports that tomorrow, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) will “announce a new coordinated effort to force votes in July to end the Iraq war“:

Reid has already publicly declared that Senate Democrats will offer four Iraq-related amendments to the upcoming 2008 Defense authorization bill, including a proposal by Reid and Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) to set a firm timetable to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq by next spring.

Pelosi is planning to announce that the House will also vote on a bill setting a new withdrawal timetable of April 1, 2008, although the details of the proposal were still up in the air at press time, according to Democratic sources. The House will consider this proposal as a freestanding bill, said the sources.

Pelosi is also planning to force a vote on a proposal by Rep. Ike Skelton (D-Mo.), chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, to repeal the 2002 use-of-force resolution for Iraq. […]

In addition, House Democrats will push proposals to prohibit the creation of permanent U.S. military bases in Iraq, as well as a “readiness” initiative similar to that authored by Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.).

thinkprogress.org

Insurgents launched a deadly coordinated attack on an American combat patrol, detonating a roadside bomb, then firing guns and rocket-propelled grenades at the soldiers, the U.S. military said Friday. Five troops were killed.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Iraq.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Reid, Pelosi to announce ‘coordinated effort’ to end war.

The Politico’s John Bresnehan reports that tomorrow, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) will “announce a new coordinated effort to force votes in July to end the Iraq war“:

Reid has already publicly declared that Senate Democrats will offer four Iraq-related amendments to the upcoming 2008 Defense authorization bill, including a proposal by Reid and Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) to set a firm timetable to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq by next spring.

Pelosi is planning to announce that the House will also vote on a bill setting a new withdrawal timetable of April 1, 2008, although the details of the proposal were still up in the air at press time, according to Democratic sources. The House will consider this proposal as a freestanding bill, said the sources.

Pelosi is also planning to force a vote on a proposal by Rep. Ike Skelton (D-Mo.), chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, to repeal the 2002 use-of-force resolution for Iraq. […]

In addition, House Democrats will push proposals to prohibit the creation of permanent U.S. military bases in Iraq, as well as a “readiness” initiative similar to that authored by Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.).

thinkprogress.org
I certainly hope they do,-----and stick to it. (They are still about six months too late --or more)

All I know is....

'Harry' is on his last leggs in Nevada...he is grasping for straws for the remnants of Liberals in Nevada!

Funny... but didn't they all say they were going to wait on the report in September before taking further action? yet again, this new dem leadership is going back on their words. No wonder Congressional approval ratings are so low. The Dems have shown that they too are untrustworthy

Funny... but didn't they all say they were going to wait on the report in September before taking further action? yet again, this new dem leadership is going back on their words. No wonder Congressional approval ratings are so low. The Dems have shown that they too are untrustworthy
with public sentiment at it is, AND REPUBLICAN DEFECTIONS Is there any doubt it would happen? after all, this is politics.

Pelosi also sid there would be no impeachment efforts. Betcha that changes too

"Pelosi also sid there would be no impeachment efforts. Betcha that changes too"

I'll take that bet. I don't believe there is a snowballs chance in hell the Dems try to remove their greatest weapon of mass Rep destruction.

The time is ripe for a real third party surge. I'd love to see a strong middle-ground party take a piece of the Congressional pie.

"Pelosi also sid there would be no impeachment efforts. Betcha that changes too"

I'll take that bet. I don't believe there is a snowballs chance in hell the Dems try to remove their greatest weapon of mass Rep destruction.

Good point.

'Harry' is on his last leggs in Nevada...he is grasping for straws for the remnants of Liberals in Nevada!

It's interesting, my buddy is a big time Republican. He and his family have donated lots to Republican causes and his mom has been appointed to two different positions in the Bush Administration. He lives in Las Vegas and he voted for Harry Reid because he believes Reid reresented Nevada's interests well. I'm not sure if he would vote for him again or not.

Back