The Season Ticket List

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
This is one college football list you don't want to see your team at the top of. This is why OSU will be a top program for years to come. You can't even get a season ticket at the price listed. Realistically it's $2500 min and you'll be put on a waiting list for that. Individual nose bleed seats are now $70 a pop and they still sell 105,000 of those per game. Wow. Don't look like I'll be going to many Buckeye games this year. I'd like to be in an income bracket where I could afford $300 + per ticket. Freaks me out that there's that many OSU alum who can!!

I went to the Bengals/Jets AFC playoff game and scalped a 30 yard line ticket at the lower end of the upper bowl for $100 last winter. You coudn't touch an OSU/USC ticket for under $300 last year. Tickets for the Iowa game were going for $200 a pop and those were nose bleed seats. Not to mention about half the time I go to an OSU game I get stuck between two 300 lb fat guys with 50+ inch asses over flowing into my 18" seat.

Well when it comes to football you know now why were called Buckeyes. Were nuts!

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1094191

I'm really surprised Texas has no minimum donation. When my best friend and I bought our USC season tickets after graduating we didn't have to join a support group. Then during Pete Carroll's years we did to be able to keep our same seats. It cost $3,500 which we split.

I'm really surprised Texas has no minimum donation. When my best friend and I bought our USC season tickets after graduating we didn't have to join a support group. Then during Pete Carroll's years we did to be able to keep our same seats. It cost $3,500 which we split.
Was it a one time only fee or an annual one? The one at OSU is annual.

LSU has at least a $1,500 annual donation that list is wrong. I could easily afford to go, but now that I'm an old fart $300 ticket just seems wrong and I won't pay it. I bet most of those Ohio Slow alums are like the saints fans. We had people driving to miami and sleeping in their cars to spend $1,000 ticket to see the game.

What that list doesn't show is the availability of tickets.

I am glad to see Bama's prices so low, but it really doesn't matter. Last thing I read, there is a waiting list of 10,000 people for season tickets.

Was it a one time only fee or an annual one? The one at OSU is annual.

Yeah, ours is annual as well. The difference is Ohio St will sell out every game as the demand will always be there. After three years of Paul Hackett there were maybe 45,000 people at Pete Carroll's first game at the Coliseum and they didn't make us join a support group. Once the team started winning again and the place was packed they could charge that fee. L.A. people are too fickle, if 'SC goes into the sh*ts again I bet the fee is either lowered or goes away.

While it sucks to pay I don't mind because the money goes to the school. I consider it my annual donation which I would give otherwise.

there will be a shitload of USC tickets available soon as they start to go 3-10 and losing to the likes of Wash/ Wash st.

That penalty was so sweet, I actually feel sorry for trojan nation

LSU has at least a $1,500 annual donation that list is wrong. I could easily afford to go, but now that I'm an old fart $300 ticket just seems wrong and I won't pay it. I bet most of those Ohio Slow alums are like the saints fans. We had people driving to miami and sleeping in their cars to spend $1,000 ticket to see the game.
I'm not one of them. My pockets aren't that deep and I don't like football that much.

What that list doesn't show is the availability of tickets.

I am glad to see Bama's prices so low, but it really doesn't matter. Last thing I read, there is a waiting list of 10,000 people for season tickets.
It's the same at OSU, it's a pretty long waiting list but who really gets screwed from this demand for tickets is the students. They instituted a rule a few years back that Freshman weren't eligible for student tickets. That's just plain wrong.

It's the same at OSU, it's a pretty long waiting list but who really gets screwed from this demand for tickets is the students. They instituted a rule a few years back that Freshman weren't eligible for student tickets. That's just plain wrong.

What? That is terrible.

That is flat out wrong.

It is but the demand for tickets is incredible. Keep in mind Ohio is triple the population of Alabama and OSU Football is the biggest sports draw in the State by far and their only a handful of games each year.

Yeah, the demand has got to be huge. Bama just expanded our stadium to seat 101,000. And we are still several thousand behind you buckeyes.

And people wonder how schools can pay these coaches salaries. lol

Yeah, the demand has got to be huge. Bama just expanded our stadium to seat 101,000. And we are still several thousand behind you buckeyes.

And people wonder how schools can pay these coaches salaries. lol
Oh it's a behind the scene racket. Most of the major college football programs are losing money or breaking even because they have so many assistant administrative executive ass wipers in the AD there paying huge salaries too. I knew a guy at Ohio State who was an assistant associate athletic director and he was drawing a $200 kpy income. His job was to travel across the country asking rich alumni to donate money.

Oh it's a behind the scene racket. Most of the major college football programs are losing money or breaking even because they have so many assistant administrative executive ass wipers in the AD there paying huge salaries too. I knew a guy at Ohio State who was an assistant associate athletic director and he was drawing a $200 kpy income. His job was to travel across the country asking rich alumni to donate money.

I guess we lucky few who cheer for money making teams just have it made.

Yeah, its a much easier way to see a game.

But there is something magical about being there for the game....

I know.
What could ever replace the taunting between teams, the throwing of chairs and other items, the fighting, the stabbings, the thrill of physically beating an opposing fan, the rioting, etc. :good4u:

Something about it, just gets the juices flowing!! :cof1:

I know.
What could ever replace the taunting between teams, the throwing of chairs and other items, the fighting, the stabbings, the thrill of physically beating an opposing fan, the rioting, etc. :good4u:

Something about it, just gets the juices flowing!! :cof1:

I have been going to Bama games for 45 years. I have seen 2 fights in all that time.

Back