The Surge is Working!!! Iraq Parliament building Bombed

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
The NY Times reported the other day that there was very little effect from the surge so far. Not to mention, you have to consider the fact that very real DAMAGE has been done because of it. I don't suppose anyone read that Salon article about injured soldiers being sent back to Iraq. I don't care how Republican you claim to be, you still love your country and this HAS to piss you off something awful. If it doesn't, just shoot yourself.

Yep the surge is working, but not the Bush one.

And the troops tours of duty were upped 3 months...
That is a sure sign Bush's surge is working too, right ?

Hey, Damo. Remember what I said a couple of weeks back about the violence just moving out of Baghdad and into areas not being surged? ;)

Well most of em are moving out of bagdad.
This surge might work if we put a million or so troops in Iraq for 20 years...
And spent about 40 trillion on it.

Well most of em are moving out of bagdad.
This surge might work if we put a million or so troops in Iraq for 20 years...
And spent about 40 trillion on it.
There you go, talking up the bad points again. Hell, it probably wouldn't be more than about 39 trillion, and you know it, you degenerate hippie you!

There you go, talking up the bad points again. Hell, it probably wouldn't be more than about 39 trillion, and you know it, you degenerate hippie you!

Thats me! :D

What is a trillion now-a-days anyway.

btw, missed ya.

I might be dissappearing for a while. Have to go help care for a sick relative out of state for a while. Moving my work location there, but not sure how busy I will be.

Thats me! :D

What is a trillion now-a-days anyway.

btw, missed ya.

I might be dissappearing for a while. Have to go help care for a sick relative out of state for a while. Moving my work location there, but not sure how busy I will be.
Sorry to hear that, usc. I do know how that goes, though.

Best of luck . . . and don't be gone too long if you can help it. :clink:

Hey, Damo. Remember what I said a couple of weeks back about the violence just moving out of Baghdad and into areas not being surged? ;)
Yes, remember how I agreed. It is just beginning. Patreas asked for until the end of summer, and like always I will wait to judge as I did with the whole WMD thing. I wasn't against the war because "they lied" about WMD, I am against any war that is, and remains, undeclared. They always lead us into a fiasco.

Seriously, were I one of the insurgents I'd quiet down, make it seem like everything is working, get them to go home then stomp all over the unprepared Iraqi troops. But that is me. I'm sure some groups are even wanting to do that, but there are so many different groups that such patience is difficult to enforce.

I think if the Iraqui's are so pissed about being in a democracy we should ressurrect Saddam Hussein and make him "president for life". He'll keep the nation together... or else.

Back