The Truck is High Centered...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Geebus... The snow drifted onto my driveway last night, big time. And now my pickup is high centered about 30 feet away from the road where it would have been free to roam...

Crap.

Time for some coffee before I bust out the snow thrower...

:cof1:

Where I lived in Upstate NY I used to clear a path twice daily to get my vehicles out with a 10HP track drive. My driveway was 150' long and the drifting snow filled it in right up to the top of the auger. :good4u:

Damo I saw that some areas received as much as 3 feet of snow. Did you get anywhere near that much?

Damo I saw that some areas received as much as 3 feet of snow. Did you get anywhere near that much?
No, it was mostly drifting. We only got about 2 feet or so. I got out, and I'm at work. Snow throwers are awesome.

That they are. Anything over a foot and I'd clear my driveway faster than my neighbor, who had a pick-up truck and a plow. I'd toss it straight up, and the wind would take it over the power line and spread it across my yard 100 feet wide.

That 10HP one-lung Tecumseh was a torque monster. It started easy too, by hand or with the 120V starter. It threw a rod after 4 seasons but I got a new short-block at a local auto parts store for $150 and changed it out in two hours.

Not this time. I didn't waste time on photos. It'll happen again this year. Maybe I'll take pics then. At least one of me looking sexy in a snow suit pushing a snow thrower around.

Geebus... The snow drifted onto my driveway last night, big time. And now my pickup is high centered about 30 feet away from the road where it would have been free to roam...

Crap.

Don't freeze em off in the cold up there...we're still walking around in shorts and flip flops here in Houston!

Crap.

DAMN THIS GLOBAL WARMING, er: ..................................climate change. :cof1:

Crap.

Weren't you just running around saying how it was barely even going to snow but they made you go home early anyhow?

Weren't you just running around saying how it was barely even going to snow but they made you go home early anyhow?
No, I was talking about how much snow was there at that time and the reaction of the company who expected nobody to react to a murder at the site...

Also there was less snow in the city than here. Lastly, it was the drifting that caused my problem, not the amount of snow.

No, I was talking about how much snow was there at that time and the reaction of the company who expected nobody to react to a murder at the site...

Also there was less snow in the city than here. Lastly, it was the drifting that caused my problem, not the amount of snow.

So stop drifting already...

What is cool is we already have half of our season average in snow fall. It looks like we'll have two years in a row where we don't have to measure water we're feeding the grass...

Of course I don't have to anyway, but regardless.

Back