The TRUTH Why Modern Music Is Awful

That’s a nice thing about living in a town with a major University. We have a number of venues where you can hear truly talented musicians play that you will rarely hear on the radio till word of mouth gets out. You don’t have to sort through endless lists of formulaic pop crap.

An example of that was about ten years ago my wife and I went to one of these venues on date night simply because a band was playing on date night (usually Tuesday). Tickets were only $25. It was a band we had never heard of by the name of Mumford and Sons. We were wowed.

So that turned out to be a far better way to discover new and good music than listening to the radio or MTV by far.

That’s a nice thing about living in a town with a major University. We have a number of venues where you can hear truly talented musicians play that you will rarely hear on the radio till word of mouth gets out. You don’t have to sort through endless lists of formulaic pop crap.

An example of that was about ten years ago my wife and I went to one of these venues on date night simply because a band was playing on date night (usually Tuesday). Tickets were only $25. It was a band we had never heard of by the name of Mumford and Sons. We were wowed.

So that turned out to be a far better way to discover new and good music than listening to the radio or MTV by far.
Yep....I've been to the Agora/Newport a time or two back in the day...

We have two universities where I live.

Yep....I've been to the Agora/Newport a time or two back in the day...
Me too. Saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers there back before they became famous. The LC Pavilion (I know they changed their name but I forgot what it is) is also a great place to see new bands at a reasonable price.

Nobody besides old people listen to the radio. MTV doesn't even play music videos anymore, at all. I believe it's 100% reality television shows.

You should have a pretty good local music scene then. We have like a half a dozen Universities or so here in Cowtown but they all pale in comparison to OSU in terms of size.

A lot of great bands have come from here. Arctic Monkeys, Human League, Def Leppard, Pulp and ABC. Oh, and of course, Phil Oakey, Paul Carrack and the late great Joe Cocker.

Back