The two sweetest words in the English language...

Bfgrn

Play ball!

The baseball playoffs begin. I am a lifelong Yankee fan, but I can find a good reason to be happy for whoever wins the World Series. Example; it would be great to see Bobby Cox go out a champion.

IMO...the Phillies have that look this year...

The 'Mick'
mickey_mantle.jpg

Play ball!

The baseball playoffs begin. I am a lifelong Yankee fan, but I can find a good reason to be happy for whoever wins the World Series. Example; it would be great to see Bobby Cox go out a champion.

IMO...the Phillies have that look this year...

The 'Mick'
mickey_mantle.jpg

Lifelong Yankee fan? You are an evil person Bfgrn! It is evil to support the Evil Empire!

That may be.

I know what the longest sentence in the English language is. "I do."

LOL!!! I know, I've been married for over 30 years...

Here are a few of my favorite Oscar Wilde quotes:

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction.

Woman begins by resisting a man's advances and ends by blocking his retreat.

Last edited:
Lifelong Yankee fan? You are an evil person Bfgrn! It is evil to support the Evil Empire!

I know, but every team owner is a HUGE Yankee fan. Especially when the Yankees are in their town.

I have not yet accepted that Mickey Mantle retired...so you can imagine how I feel about the rumors of his passing...

mantle-rfk550water.jpg

1) Moot, GTFO if you're just going to dilute this thread with your stupid marriage jokes

2) I was excited for a few minutes when I thought the Twins might win. Then Tex muscled that ridiculous hanging curve out of the park...

3) Fuck the Rangers.

4) Yay, Phillies! Awesome performance by Halladay!!

I know, but every team owner is a HUGE Yankee fan. Especially when the Yankees are in their town.

I have not yet accepted that Mickey Mantle retired...so you can imagine how I feel about the rumors of his passing...

mantle-rfk550water.jpg

Can't argue with your first paragraph.

How can a 'compassionate' liberal be a Yankee fan??? Those two are diametrically opposed!!!

(Truth be told I hate the Red Sox more than I do the Yankees.)

1) Moot, GTFO if you're just going to dilute this thread with your stupid marriage jokes

2) I was excited for a few minutes when I thought the Twins might win. Then Tex muscled that ridiculous hanging curve out of the park...

3) Fuck the Rangers.

4) Yay, Phillies! Awesome performance by Halladay!!

I like the Twins, I have always been a big Harmon Killebrew fan. They had some great teams and players in the 60's with Killebrew, Bob Allison, Tony Oliva, Zoilo Versalles, Rod Carew, Jim Kaat and Jim Perry. And later Kirby Puckett was one hell of a ballplayer on winning teams with Kent Hrbek and Bert Blyleven.

Joe Mauer is a ballplayer's ballplayer and he may be the best catcher ever (still Johnny Bench). I really hope Justin Morneau's concussion problems are not career threatening. He and Mauer are the new M&M boys...

mickey-mantle-and-roger-maris-palm-trees.jpg

Mantle & Maris

610x_feature.jpg

Morneau & Mauer

I love this commercial!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAJw8vbJWc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAJw8vbJWc[/ame]

Kirby Puckett was awesome, btw, and I agree about Morneau and Mauer. Hell, the Twins have also got the bat of Thome on their side, as well!

According to the movie 61* (which I love, btw), Mantle hit a homerun to center with one hand, as his other hand/arm was so effed up at the time that all the use he could get out of it was to stabilize the bat while he was holding it.

According to the movie 61* (which I love, btw), Mantle hit a homerun to center with one hand, as his other hand/arm was so effed up at the time that all the use he could get out of it was to stabilize the bat while he was holding it.

We just went through the era of performance enhancing drug induced home runs. Mantle did performance diminishing drugs...alcohol.

He was an amazing athlete...power, speed, grace. Yankee Manager Casey Stengel said Mantle had one good leg and he was still his fastest player.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yunmIa6x2WI&p=F78F0F211C3B50B0&playnext=1&index=61"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yunmIa6x2WI&p=F78F0F211C3B50B0&playnext=1&index=61[/ame]

The Mick showed so much dignity and honesty as he faced his death.

Yeah, Ruth played drunk at least half the time. He's looking better every day, as players bulk-up on roids to try and compete with what he did.

And the best team to ever grace a ML Ballpark is up on the Twinkees 2 to 0. These guys were really the AL Central had to offer? Speaking of WTF, wtf is up with the Rays? Getting smoked by the Rangers, They are going to be gone faster than coffee at an AA meeting. Good thing the Reds had the night off or they would be down 0-2 as well. Lincecum pitched great for his first night out but the umps blew a call in that game making the need for replay even more glaring after the blown call in game one of Yankees/Twins. Anyway, guess the real baseball will have to come at the LCS.

Back