APP - The Ultimate Goal of Islam

Teflon Don

I'm back baby
http://answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/ultimate_goal.htm

It is critical to understand what it is Islam's ultimate goal is and that is complete and utter world domination with all peoples submitting to Islam. That is fact. It is rooted in history.

Islamic terrorism may eventually be defeated in its large manifestations, like the one we saw on 9/11, but built into earliest Islam is an ultimate goal—what is it, according to the Quran, the Hadith (Muhammad’s words and deeds outside of the Quran), and Muhammad’s life?

Osama bin Laden and Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi, the Jordanian who beheads innocent workers in Iraq, are open about this goal, as we see in these fatwas, statements, and interviews before and after 9/11.

In bin Laden’s August 1996 fatwa declaring war against the US, he claims that Islamic revival is occurring around world, and especially around the Muslim world:

Under the present circumstances [of Zionist-Crusader aggressions], and under the banner of the blessed awakening which is sweeping the world in general and the Islamic world in particular, I meet with you today.

In March 1997 Peter Arnett interviews bin Laden, who says the goal of jihad is to exalt God’s word (the Quran) to the heights, in other words, until the message of his Holy Book goes around the world.

For [subordination to the Jews and occupation of Arabia] and other acts of aggression and injustice, we have declared jihad against the US, because in our religion it is our duty to make jihad so that God's word is the one exalted to the heights and so that we drive the Americans away from all Muslim countries.

His absurd goal of driving out Americans from all Islamic lands has been answered here.

In May 1998 Jonathan Miller, then a reporter with ABC News, now a consultant on terrorism for Los Angeles, interviews bin Laden, who believes that he is a servant of Allah and that his primary mission is to spread by fighting the religion of light.

I am one of the servants of Allah. We do our duty of fighting for the sake of the religion of Allah. It is also our duty to send a call to all the people of the world to enjoy this great light and to embrace Islam and experience the happiness in Islam. Our primary mission is nothing but the furthering of this religion. ...

In November 2001, after 9/11, bin Laden allows an interview with Hamid Mir, the editor of an Arabic-language journal. The terrorist pulls back a little from his wish to slaughter innocent people, though he has said in numerous other statements and interviews that he is justified in doing so. His mission is to spread the Quran:

Hamid Mir: Can it be said that you are against the American government, not the American people?

Osama: Yes! We are carrying on the mission of our Prophet, Muhammad (peace be upon him). The mission is to spread the word of God, not to indulge [in] massacring people.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, and apparently offended some gentleman named "Asoka", but I will repeat the assertion again.

Islam, structurally, is probably no more threatening than 13th Century Christianity - but unlike Christianity, it is somewhat stuck in the same 13th Century. The draw towards Islamic universalism is still very strong - whereas in the West, we long ago decided the State superseded the Church in importance (Ben Carson aside). If I assert that all religions are based on fiction (please assert otherwise if you like), the systems they sprout follow somewhat predictable paths of ascendance, decline and civil order that far outlive whatever their "God" originally cared about.

Aside from some well placed blows by Genghis Khan, the Islamic world has never gone through the convulsions of a reformation, counter-reformation, industrialization, colonialism, Communist revolutions, world wars, and the end-state of wide secularization. Certainly slivers have had elements of this (and the modern Middle East is the messy afterbirth of the Ottoman Empire), but as a whole, we are talking about a region that has never modernized, and their relationship with religion is accordingly backwards (and if you study comparative religion at all, you would understand the egalitarian allure Islam has to the poor). Spray a few trillion dollars worth of petro-money on this, and you have something that can indeed be seen as threatening.

The farthest the place got was Fascism - and it says something when the "good old days" were the days of Saddam Hussein, Hafez Assad and Qaddafi (I'll toss in Mubarak and Reza Pahlavi for good measure).

Back