The Washington Redskins?

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
I've been reading in several placed that the Redskins are doing due diligence to change their name from the Redskins to "The Warriors". Understandable considering the term "Redskins" is a racial pejorative.....and if you're insenstive to that think about how you'd feel if your local team was called "The New York Jews" or "The Pittsburgh Negros" or "The Southbend Mackeral Snappers" or "The Texas Shit Kickers" or "The Alabama Bubbas" or the San Francisco Queens". I think you get my point.

That being the case......I think "The Warriors" is kinda lame.....they'd forever would be hearing from opposing teams the chant from the 70's movie by the same name "Warriors...come out and plaaay! Warriors...come out and plaaay!".

So what would you rename the Redskins if you had the choice?

The name I like the best is "The Washington Pigskins.". Trump up that reputation for calling their big uglies "The Hogs" and they could still refer to themselves as "The Skins".

The most accurate name, as a reflection of the city, that I've heard is "The Washington Felons".

So what do you think would be a good name?

I've been reading in several placed that the Redskins are doing due diligence to change their name from the Redskins to "The Warriors". Understandable considering the term "Redskins" is a racial pejorative.....and if you're insenstive to that think about how you'd feel if your local team was called "The New York Jews" or "The Pittsburgh Negros" or "The Southbend Mackeral Snappers" or "The Texas Shit Kickers" or "The Alabama Bubbas" or the San Francisco Queens". I think you get my point.

That being the case......I think "The Warriors" is kinda lame.....they'd forever would be hearing from opposing teams the chant from the 70's movie by the same name "Warriors...come out and plaaay! Warriors...come out and plaaay!".

So what would you rename the Redskins if you had the choice?

The name I like the best is "The Washington Pigskins.". Trump up that reputation for calling their big uglies "The Hogs" and they could still refer to themselves as "The Skins".

The most accurate name, as a reflection of the city, that I've heard is "The Washington Felons".

So what do you think would be a good name?

See now you aren't being sensitive to our Muslime friends. How can you expect them to cheer for their favorite football team? How fucking inthensiitive of you.

Why not just eliminate the team altogether?

How about the Washington TeaBaggers...

Their motto could be...."we'll put the fear of God into you, then we'll screw you six ways till Sunday."

Well, obviously I don't root for any DC teams, whether it be the Nationals, the Capitols, the Wizards, or the Politically Incorrects.

Yes...I don't have an issue with the Redskins either. I think it's petty...there are so many real problems to sorry about.

EDIT: Now if they started serving "fire water" at the games...that might be stepping over the line.

Yes.....I know.....I've been to Oklahoma. ;)

Ahh, one of the lucky ones. ;) Here in SE OK there are many schools with Indian ...er...ah...Native American names. On a serious note, most of us are not offended. I have to aree with Steelplate that there are bigger fish to fry in this country.

Back