"their going to take your guns away" fearmongering on the rise

I haven't heard much about this other than some posters calling Obama and Giulinai gun grabbers.

Well, Giuliani has made a big turn-around on the issue. It's kind of gotten lost in the rush of all of his other turn-arounds.

Looks like as soon as Rudy decided to run in the Republican primary, he got himself some of that old time religion.

Looks like some of the Western states are going to be in play. Without this, they've got nothing. I'm not surprised either.

great point. The myth of the "gun grab" is one of the few things that westerners will respond to, vis a vis the GOP. Westerners certainly, by and large, aren't into all that social conservatism and religious right crap.

great point. The myth of the "gun grab" is one of the few things that westerners will respond to, vis a vis the GOP. Westerners certainly, by and large, aren't into all that social conservatism and religious right crap.
Darn well bet. However they aren't stupid either. If there is no legislation to take guns that particular issue would be moot. If they want the western vote they'll need to actually get something going about the border.

Darn well bet. However they aren't stupid either. If there is no legislation to take guns that particular issue would be moot. If they want the western vote they'll need to actually get something going about the border.

I dunno Damo, the NRA had a representative at our last hunting club meeting, a Rare event and it was like a revival, and the NRA guy was like Jesus to most there.
Mobilization is taking place in the NRA, seemingly driven to get Republicans elected.
I think I am the only one in the club of 250 members to not belong to the NRA.

Back