Things Going Great in Iraq

You beat me to it! I was too slow in personalizing it...

Meanwhile Back In Iraq—the War That Is—Depending on the Meaning Of "IS"

56 Bullet-riddled Bodies Found in Baghdad And That Ain’t All
POSTED: 12:18 p.m. EST, November 3, 2006

Story Highlights
o NEW: Eight U.S. troops killed on Thursday; toll rises to 2,829
o Five U.S. troops killed on Friday; that makes thirteen in two days
o 56 bullet-riddled bodies found in Baghdad in 24 hours
o Parents of missing soldier say he wanted to help his old, new countries

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Fifty-six bullet-riddled bodies were found Friday in Baghdad by Iraq police in the previous 24 hours, a Baghdad emergency police official said Friday.

Some of the bodies showed signs of torture, the official said. Iraqi police were unable to identify the bodies.

Dumped, slain bodies are found daily in the capital and police think these deaths have evolved out of Sunni-Shiite sectarian vendettas.

Meanwhile, the U.S. military said three Marines were killed Thursday in combat in the western Iraq province of Anbar.

They were among eight U.S. troop deaths on the same day, all but one in combat.

Three of Multi-National Division-Baghdad soldiers were killed when the vehicle they were riding in was hit by a roadside bomb. No further details about the incident were released.

A fourth Multi-National Division-Baghdad soldier died in a "non-combat-related incident" north of Baghdad, the military said.

A Marine died from injuries sustained in "enemy action" while operating in Iraq's volatile Anbar province, according to the military.

The deaths bring the number of U.S. military fatalities in the first two days of November to 11. October's toll was 105, the fourth-highest monthly total of the war.

The number of American fatalities in the war is 2,829.

Raids carried out

Coalition troops on Friday conducted two "associated raids" in a volatile area south of Baghdad, killing an "estimated 13 terrorists," with several appearing to be foreign fighters.

The U.S. military issued a statement about the action, which occurred early in the day near Mahmoudiya, in the perilous stretch of northern Babil province long known as the Triangle of Death.

Troops also detained one person and seized weaponry, including suicide vests, according to the military, which said a "suspected terrorist" with links to the al Qaeda in Iraq network and a foreign fighter network was in the area.

Three people were killed and six more were wounded when three mortar rounds landed in a residential area in southern Baghdad's Dora district Friday morning, a Baghdad emergency police official said.

To Confrom With Board Rules I Am Reposting Same Link

i find it quite disstrubing that you see this as good lady t... i know you dont like bush, but to say things are going good ... thats just wrong, i always felt like you were on the insegents/terrorist side

Wrong again bob; there is irony in that statement, perhaps it escaped you...It is Bush and the Republicans who have been touting in the last two days a reduction in the attacks and attributing that reduction to their new tactics in Iraq, whatever those were. You should watch more FOXSPEWS to see just what the Repukes are saying day to day...Then you might understand the finer points of our disgust.

Last edited:
Wrong again bob; there is irony in that statement, perhaps it escaped you...It is Bush and the Republicans who have been touting in the last two days a reduction in the acttacks and attributing that reduction to their new tactics in Iraq, whatever those were. You should watch more FOXSPEWS to see just what the Repukes are saying day to day...Then you might understand the finer points of our disgust.

don't bother. all he'll do is chime in with is stupid one-liners that usually retarded. save yourself the aggrevation.

i find it quite disstrubing that you see this as good lady t... i know you dont like bush, but to say things are going good ... thats just wrong, i always felt like you were on the insegents/terrorist side

you appear to be unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.

don't bother. all he'll do is chime in with is stupid one-liners that usually retarded. save yourself the aggrevation.

good advice. I'd follow it prak. Bob provides nothing but stupid one-liners from the peanut gallery.

you appear to be unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.

no not at all... i dont think it was sarcasm at all...

the way i see most of you couldnt be happier with the situation over in iraq... after all it has been nothing but poltical for the left, the only thing you people are woried about is getting the left back into power... its quite sad

no not at all... i dont think it was sarcasm at all...

the way i see most of you couldnt be happier with the situation over in iraq... after all it has been nothing but poltical for the left, the only thing you people are woried about is getting the left back into power... its quite sad

You really need to work on distinguishing people being "happy", from people being pissed.

I'm pissed at you, Bush, Dixie, and Toby for killing hundereds of thousands of people unneccessarily.

You really need to work on distinguishing people being "happy", from people being pissed.

I'm pissed at you, Bush, Dixie, and Toby for killing hundereds of thousands of people unneccessarily.

and i am pissed at you for the same reason...

atleast i dont get happy when i here about dead iraqi's...you people are sick

the only thing that drives you and the left is hate and power... its not hard to see ounce you take a step back...

If you really feel this way bob, you should seek professional help, and some tutoring to improve your rather weak communication skills...

I hate was Bush and company have done and where they have taken us...
that is different completely from hating where we are simply because my judgment of our situation is clouded by hate. It is a matter of cause and effect, Bob....

You may not know this, but I was fully supportive of George Bush when he invaded Afghanistan and I volunteered to go back onto active duty just to assist him.

I do not hate the war in Iraq because I hate Bush...I hate Bush because of the war in Iraq.

are you really so simple that you cannot comprehend that distinction?

I hate was Bush and company have done and where they have taken us...
that is different completely from hating where we are simply because my judgment of our situation is clouded by hate. It is a matter of cause and effect, Bob....

You may not know this, but I was fully supportive of George Bush when he invaded Afghanistan and I volunteered to go back onto active duty just to assist him.

I do not hate the war in Iraq because I hate Bush...I hate Bush because of the war in Iraq.

are you really so simple that you cannot comprehend that distinction?

maine... dont lie... you have hgated bush from the getgo... ever scince gore was not elected pres... same with alot of other dems or what ever you want too call yourselves... then the fact that bush won a second time just made it even worse. if you hated bush just because of the iraq war i wouldnt have an issuse but thats not true.

alot of the left hasent done anything but use iraq as a poltical tool. they couldnt have asked for anything better/worse for there political goals

its not hard too see

bob...don't call me a liar...I really hate it when people call me a liar because I have made it a point in my life not to lie. Is that clear?

I certainly wanted Gore to win...but the fact remains, I was supportive of Bush's foreign policy initiatives in the wake of 9/11 and volunteered to go back on active duty to help him with those efforts.

bob...don't call me a liar...I really hate it when people call me a liar because I have made it a point in my life not to lie. Is that clear?

I certainly wanted Gore to win...but the fact remains, I was supportive of Bush's foreign policy initiatives in the wake of 9/11 and volunteered to go back on active duty to help him with those efforts.

well i dissagree, well instead of calling you a liar.. i will call you disshonest, as long as i can remember all the way back from politics.com, witch isnt up anymore, you were pissed at bush for just about anything... but i guess i cant prove that, and if i am worng i apoligize... but that the way i see it

Back