Things that liberals may have difficulty explaining

Legion

Oderint dum metuant
lmuJdjC.jpg

Is the this the "institution" liberals claim Trump is destroying?

One of the three CNN staffers who resigned in June 2017 over a retracted story about alleged collusion between Russia and members of Donald Trump’s campaign staff has resurfaced at CBS News, according to an internal memo at CBS announcing six appointments.

Lex Haris, the former head of CNN Investigates, an elite unit inside the newsroom, is now the interim head of CBSNews.com.

CNN retracted the story and accepted the resignations of reporter Thomas Frank, editor Eric Lichtblau and Haris, the unit’s executive editor, a day after the story was retracted in mid-June 2017.

The piece, citing a single anonymous source, claimed that Congress was probing a “Russian investment fund with ties to Trump officials.”

CNN said it retracted the story because the information was not “solid enough” to publish. The network did not cite any factual errors or mistakes in the piece but did issue an apology to Anthony Scaramucci, a financier and a former Trump transition team official.

The story had called Scaramucci an intermediary to investors.

Haris, who had been running CBS’ MoneyWatch on an interim basis, replaces Nancy Lane, who was promoted to VP and senior executive producer, programming and development.

http://archive.is/Ygcws#selection-991.0-1035.168

Liberals raise fees on businesses to pay for cleaning up after homeless

homeless-issue-in-lents-neighborhood-06561b90805d6b2d.jpg

LIBERAL PARADISE

Portland hikes commercial garbage fees to fund homeless camp clean-ups

Portland businesses will soon pay more to have trash collected and hauled away. The extra $1 million the city will take in annually will be used to clean up debris left on public property by homeless people.

The City Council raised the per-ton fee businesses pay to have their garbage hauled from $9.60 to $12.60. Increased costs take effect July 1.

City crews pick up tons of garbage left on public property by litterers, revelers or homeless people each year, and labor and disposal costs are rising, said Carmen Merlo, the city's deputy chief administrative officer. Workers have removed more than 2.3 million pounds of waste this fiscal year alone, she said.

Mayor Ted Wheeler said the increasing the garbage fee is a good move because it will help "maintain and expand clean-up of our city."

"When I first became mayor, the amount of trash on our streets and open space shocked me," Wheeler added.

Commissioners voted 4-0 to approve the ordinance.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2018/06/portland_hikes_commercial_garb.html

You do? Prove it.

Cite a single post from a JPP liberal protesting Obama's separation of immigrant families, detention of asylees, or caging kids.

I'll understand if you cant.

Well given that it happened in December 2014 and the forum lost all posts from May 2014 to November 2015, I think you're safe in not being called out on your fibs. :smile:

Back