APP - This explains my support of Trump

canceled.2021.3

Former Vice President
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/08/portrait_of_a_trump_abandoner.html

I am always amused by those on the left who claim that Trump supporters were "duped". Now some may very well have been "duped" if they believed EVERYTHING he said.

This sums up how I feel about Trump. I always had low expectations and he has exceeded them. I never thought he could accomplish much legislatively because of Ryan and McConnell who are part of the swamp.

But, he has delivered on some big conservative issues and for that I am pleased

Pretty good article. My favorites from it:
At the bottom of this list of broken (or delayed) promises, we have the fulfilled: the support of our police officers instead of our thugs; the deportation of criminals by ICE and the border patrol; the election of competent judges, probably the most important thing to come of the election; and the threat against all sanctuary cities. Trump has threatened to ban men who think they're women from the military and has done everything he can to give control of education to the states. He has cut red tape wherever he finds it, and he gave us Secretary of Defense Mattis. His wielding of federal power has led Democrats to discover states' rights,

The people who didn't know that many of the promises were already broken the second they were given because to fulfill them in totality is always technically impossible.

Many of the things he is trying to do are the most right-wing, difficult, politically incorrect, and principled things he had "promised" to deliver. If this isn't enough, then I say our last hopes are done for. They say that in America, you get the president you deserve. If this is the case, we really deserve worse, and we got better, and it was only a matter of luck that we got him.

This passage sums it up for me....that and the fact that Trump has exposed the dishonest Fake Media for what it truly is:

Both of us were against him, and then, when he wasn't Hillary, we were for him. I'm still for him, except now I actually like him. This is the joy of having low expectations.

There are people who voted for Trump because they believed in him. To me, most of these people are crazy. The man could barely string together a sentence, and when he did, it was as short as the American attention span. He gave the impression that he had never read a serious book about history or politics or economics or religion or ethics. That anyone could believe so many contradictory promises from one man was itself incredible. He could say one thing in a debate and then walk out to a reporter and deny he said it at all, and his fan base fawned. They swallowed it all and somehow believed that when he gave two contradictory promises, it was the other promise that was sentenced to failure. These people are the ones complaining about Donald Trump being a failure. In reality, they are the failures.

re: the question of being duped it's usually something like this:

Liberal before the election: "oh no if trump wins then all decency is lost, the sky will be falling, the stock market will crash, thousands will die in the streets, blacks will go back to slavery! It will be hell on earth!"

* Everything proceeds as any other normal day*

Liberals now: "Everything is normal! haha you guys got duped!"

Back