This explains the Republicans rise to power....

uscitizen

Villified User
Men's testosterone levels declined in last 20 years

By Anne Harding

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - A new study has found a "substantial" drop in U.S. men's testosterone levels since the 1980s, but the reasons for the decline remain unclear. This trend also does not appear to be related to age.

The average levels of the male hormone dropped by 1 percent a year, Dr. Thomas Travison and colleagues from the New England Research Institutes in Watertown, Massachusetts, found. This means that, for example, a 65-year-old man in 2002 would have testosterone levels 15 percent lower than those of a 65-year-old in 1987. This also means that a greater proportion of men in 2002 would have had below-normal testosterone levels than in 1987.

"The entire population is shifting somewhat downward we think," Travison told Reuters Health. "We're counting on other studies to confirm this."

Travison and his team analyzed data from the Massachusetts Male Aging Study, a long-term investigation of aging in about 1,700 Boston-area men. Data from the men were collected for three time intervals: 1987-1989, 1995-1997, and 2002-2004.

While a man's testosterone level will fall steadily as he ages, the researchers observed a speedier decline in average testosterone levels than would have been expected with aging alone.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=healthNews&storyid=2006-10-31T192336Z_01_KIM169763_RTRUKOC_0_US-TESTOSTERONE-LEVELS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

With the war-like nature of the Repugnants, you'd think that a drop in testosterone would see them out of power????

I wonder if there is a relatinship to all the synthetic hormones and crap in foods leaking through into human bodies.

Or some BP or chlosterol meds ?
It is a conspiracy !!!
I'm not claiming conspiracy, just wondering if there is a connection between the rise of hormone use in commercial agriculture and decreases in certain hormones in those who ingest these products.

I dunno Trog, but something is causing it.
And it does make the male population more docile and easier to control.

I'm not claiming conspiracy, just wondering if there is a connection between the rise of hormone use in commercial agriculture and decreases in certain hormones in those who ingest these products.
That seems a reasonable hypothesis. It would almost have to be environmental.

I wonder if there is regional variability? It looks like the study was done in Massachusetts only.

good question Ornot. The article says they are trying to reconcile their results with other studies/information I believe.

That seems a reasonable hypothesis. It would almost have to be environmental.

I wonder if there is regional variability? It looks like the study was done in Massachusetts only.

Trog seems to be indicating that the hormones are in the food, and if so, with the way that food is now produced and marketed, meaning that food from anywhere can go almost anywhere then the food sources are no longer as generic to a locale as they once were, so if the hormones are food-borne and related they are are probably widely spread and the effects would be widely spread too. I'm thinking specifically of the wide-spread over-use of penicillan and other anti-bacterial agents in the manufacture of beef, chicken, and other domestic meat and poultry products which has lead to the current ineffective results when these agents are given to American citizens.

Back