This is the Only Reason I've Softened Up on Guns

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/05/rabid.fox.ap/index.html

"The fox bit Rayshun in the leg, but the 61-pound-boy held the animal down for more than a minute. Animal control officials said Tuesday that test results confirmed the fox had rabies, which is fatal unless treated before symptoms appear. Rayshun is undergoing treatment."

Wild animals that attack. This is the only time I think guns are useful to society.

Wow, that is amazing that he held it down after he was already bitten, to protect his little brother. At only 6 years old.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/05/rabid.fox.ap/index.html

"The fox bit Rayshun in the leg, but the 61-pound-boy held the animal down for more than a minute. Animal control officials said Tuesday that test results confirmed the fox had rabies, which is fatal unless treated before symptoms appear. Rayshun is undergoing treatment."

Wild animals that attack. This is the only time I think guns are useful to society.

I'd grab a big rock or stick, and whack the crap out of the fox.

If you tried to shoot a fox that was clamped onto your leg, odds are good that you blow part of your calve or foot off.

I figured when I first read the story of a fox attack that he had to have rabies. Foxes are small animals and will not attack even a human child. My goats and horses peacefully co-exist with a fox that hangs out in the pastures.

The fox could have been whacked with a stick or someting.
Guns are most useful against 2 legged varmits.

I'm a little more forgiving of guns in rural parts. This animal clearly needed to be put down. I personally wouldn't want to have to get close enough to wack it with a stick. Nor would expect anyone else to.

I'm a little more forgiving of guns in rural parts. This animal clearly needed to be put down. I personally wouldn't want to have to get close enough to wack it with a stick. Nor would expect anyone else to.

Once something's far enough into rabies to become violent it would probably thank you for killing it anyway. Dying of rabies is one of the most painful things I can imagine - maybe slowly falling apart, like in radiation poisoning, is worse.

FWIW, I'm a big supporter of laws allowing the citizenry to be armed. . . I'm of the opinion that guns are required to protect oneself from crime, and if they were banned, criminals would get 'em illegally anyway as they do, so might as well allow law abiding folks a fair chance at self defense also. :-)

"What about using a Cat-a-pult to fling cats up in the air to shoot ?

Pull ! yawrrr. boom, thump."

LMAO.... Very nice. Now you have to come up with something for the children. The war on cats and kids must continue!

LMAO.... Very nice. Now you have to come up with something for the children. The war on cats and kids must continue!

Children would require a bigger catapult....

FWIW, I'm a big supporter of laws allowing the citizenry to be armed. . . I'm of the opinion that guns are required to protect oneself from crime, and if they were banned, criminals would get 'em illegally anyway as they do, so might as well allow law abiding folks a fair chance at self defense also. :-)

LOL. This person definitely knows Dano.

I don't realy buy that argument, but I do buy the argument that they are useful means of protection from wild animals.

I like the turn this thread has taken.

Damocles said:
kidapult...

you're a genius, man.

LOL. This person definitely knows Dano.

I don't realy buy that argument, but I do buy the argument that they are useful means of protection from wild animals.

No clue who Dano is. . .

Yes, guns can protect you against wild animals also, sure! More important though, is their ability to protect you against humans intent upon hurting you. . .

So, why don't you buy that argument? ;)

What I'm wondering is how often do people really protect themselves with guns? I know our guns would be useless if someone snuck in in the middle of the night. Only thing they're really good for is killing snakes and shooting skeet.

What I'm wondering is how often do people really protect themselves with guns? I know our guns would be useless if someone snuck in in the middle of the night. Only thing they're really good for is killing snakes and shooting skeet.

That's why you have a gun next to your bed when you sleep.

If someone entered my house in the middle of the night without my permission, I think it's safe to assume he means me harm in one way or the other.

Back