This is What Dixie's Failed War Looks Like....

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
A snapshot of what Dixie's four years of cheerleading the iraq war has brought us:

The Situation on the Civil War:

MICHAEL WARE, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Well, firstly, let me say, perhaps it's easier to deny that this is a civil war, when essentially you live in the most heavily fortified place in the country within the Green Zone, which is true of both the prime minister, the national security adviser for Iraq and, of course, the top U.S. military commanders. However, for the people living on the streets, for Iraqis in their homes, if this is not civil war, or a form of it, then they do not want to see what one really looks like.

This is what we're talking about. We're talking about Sunni neighborhoods shelling Shia neighborhoods, and Shia neighborhoods shelling back.

We're having Sunni communities dig fighting positions to protect their streets. We're seeing Sunni extremists plunging car bombs into heavily-populated Shia marketplaces. We're seeing institutionalized Shia death squads in legitimate police and national police commando uniforms going in, systematically, to Sunni homes in the middle of the night and dragging them out, never to be seen again.

I mean, if this is not civil war, where there is, on average, 40 to 50 tortured, mutilated, executed bodies showing up on the capital streets each morning, where we have thousands of unaccounted for dead bodies mounting up every month, and where the list of those who have simply disappeared for the sake of the fact that they have the wrong name, a name that is either Sunni or Shia, so much so that we have people getting dual identity cards, where parents cannot send their children to school, because they have to cross a sectarian line, then, goodness, me, I don't want to see what a civil war looks like either if this isn't one.*

The Political Situation:

"Maliki has no popular base. He lacks the currency of political power in this country, which is an armed militia. So he's had to beg and borrow for political capital.

He found that the U.S. military desperate to put any kind of reasonable face on this apparition that they call the Iraqi government. And meanwhile, in real political terms, he's had to draw on Muqtada's militia and its political faction to actually put him into place.

So this is a man in a terrible predicament, who is unable to deliver. And yet, we have Muqtada in this time of crisis just turning that screw."

The Terrorism Situation:

a classified government report completed in June on the financing of the insurgency...obtained by The New York Times, estimates that groups responsible for many of the insurgent and terrorist attacks are raising $70 million to $200 million a year from illegal activities. It says that $25 million to $100 million of the total comes from oil smuggling and other criminal activity involving the state-owned oil industry aided by “corrupt and complicit” Iraqi officials....

The report offers little hope that much can be done... it paints an almost despairing picture of the Iraqi government’s ability, or willingness, to take measures the report says will be necessary to tamp down the insurgency’s financing.

“If accurate,” the report says, its estimates indicate that these “sources of terrorist and insurgent finance within Iraq — independent of foreign sources — are currently sufficient to sustain the groups’ existence and operation.” To this, it adds what may be its most surprising conclusion: “In fact, if recent revenue and expense estimates are correct, terrorist and insurgent groups in Iraq may have surplus funds with which to support other terrorist organizations outside of Iraq.”**

*http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0611/24/ldt.01.html

**http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/w...=1164517200&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print

being outraged at what has transpired does not in any way equate to being PLEASED that things have not gone well.

Hey Grind..... how was your Thanksgiving? Mom and Dad give you any cash?

did you orgasm the first time you heard how horribly we are doing?

That's such a stupid thing to say. Where is your disdain for the simpletons who got us into this mess, and who still haven't owned up to the reality of the situation?

I can't speak for Cypress, but I have absolutely no positive feeling about being "right" on this one. The primary emotions I'm feeling when I see headlines about Iraq these days are a shifting combination of sadness, frustration & rage. Vindication isn't in there anywhere.

I'd really like to see people like Dixie, Bush, Cheney, et al. take SOME accountability for this fiasco...to at least admit their mistakes. It's horribly frustrating for me to still hear any politician or poster on this board talk about "victory," or "winning"....what does it take to shake these kinds of people into any sense of reality?

It really drives me nuts....

That's such a stupid thing to say. Where is your disdain for the simpletons who got us into this mess, and who still haven't owned up to the reality of the situation?

I can't speak for Cypress, but I have absolutely no positive feeling about being "right" on this one. The primary emotions I'm feeling when I see headlines about Iraq these days are a shifting combination of sadness, frustration & rage. Vindication isn't in there anywhere.

I'd really like to see people like Dixie, Bush, Cheney, et al. take SOME accountability for this fiasco...to at least admit their mistakes. It's horribly frustrating for me to still hear any politician or poster on this board talk about "victory," or "winning"....what does it take to shake these kinds of people into any sense of reality?

very well said.

I, too, feel a combination of sadness, frustration ... and rage, to be sure... but after being called a traitor and a coward and on the wrong side of history..it is a rage with a touch of righteousness in it.

Its been like watching an automobile accident in slow motion. Very slow motion. For four years some of us have been yelling from the back seat, that Bush was driving straight for a cliff. And nothing we say or do deters him from the disasterous course he's been on.

Lol...

Its been like watching an automobile accident in slow motion. Very slow motion. For four years some of us have been yelling from the back seat, that Bush was driving straight for a cliff. And nothing we say or do deters him from the disasterous course he's been on.

Driving from the backseat...for sure...try the front seat...the view is so much clearer...gotta love the libs though...they see the cliff but fail to act!;)

we saw the cliff...we acted. We were saying get out of Iraq. Jack Murtha was saying get out of Iraq. But you all IN THE FRONT SEAT were absolutely determined to "stay the course" and kept calling those of us in the back seat cowards and traitors.

Well now...we are in free fall. We have indeed gone over the cliff and Iraq is melting into a terrible civil war. I just watched an interview with King Abdullah of Jordan who warned that the "civil war in Iraq" (his words) could spread and sectarian civil wars could easily spread to Lebanon, Gaza and the West Bank amongst palestinians.

This has ALL come about because of the boneheaded idiotic foreign policy of the Bush administration. And not ONE of the Bush koolaid drinkers on here has EVER stopped licking Bush's ass and cheerleading his every move to admit that they have fucked up and done so mightily.

LOL...Murtha...eh?

we saw the cliff...we acted. We were saying get out of Iraq. Jack Murtha was saying get out of Iraq. But you all IN THE FRONT SEAT were absolutely determined to "stay the course" and kept calling those of us in the back seat cowards and traitors.

Well now...we are in free fall. We have indeed gone over the cliff and Iraq is melting into a terrible civil war. I just watched an interview with King Abdullah of Jordan who warned that the "civil war in Iraq" (his words) could spread and sectarian civil wars could easily spread to Lebanon, Gaza and the West Bank amongst palestinians.

This has ALL come about because of the boneheaded idiotic foreign policy of the Bush administration. And not ONE of the Bush koolaid drinkers on here has EVER stopped licking Bush's ass and cheerleading his every move to admit that they have fucked up and done so mightily.

Well Golly gee Mr.Wizard...if I remember correctly 'Murtha' is now bashing the VN war as well...albeit he sure was for it while he was kicking butt and taking names...must be the onset of alzheimers...or he must be weak in his re-election attempts...kinda akin to you and Jimmy the peanut farmer...and his total screw up in Terhan that Ronald Reagan had to fix!

To watch and read the MSM you would think everything is going to hell. The way they show it I'm surprised we don't have 50,000 dead and hundreds of thousands wounded.

Most of the fighting and murders are going on in baghdad. That's not iraq, the rest of the country is relatively passive. The MSM and the libs want this war lost, why? Just so they can say "I told you So". They all hate America and want it taken down. Then they can gloat as they are beheaded.

The soviets are gone, the enemy that has replaced them is much more viciuos and deadly enemy that isn't interested in being your friend. They want you to submit or die. Of course which group you submit too is importaant too. If you submit to sunni you will be killed by shea, if you submit to shea you will be killed by sunni. If your gay, forget it. You die period.

Pulling out of iraq would simply give the islamist a base to continue their attacks from. ANd would turn it into a taliban type society. The libs and MSM want the US to lose so badly they can't see what the results would be for themselves.

that makes absolutely no sense. Murtha is not now bashing Vietnam.... nor has he ever, but if he did, as many VN vets I know do, as being a stupid war that cost America a shitload of good men and wasn't worth costing ONE.... then that would be an informed opinion of his that I would admire and agree with.... Just because I knew a lot of guys who died in Vietnam does not mean I have to think that they died for a GOOD cause..... they died doing their job which was to go and do what the suits in DC told then to do until they told them to come home or die trying.... many did....way too many.... Vietnam was a gross failure in American foreign policy...it was a job for the US Military and we did it as well as we could until the suits told us to come home.... that sort of service is always honorable.

Murtha was originally for the war in Iraq as well... until he realized that our mission was fucked up...that Saddam has NOT been a threat to American security and that he had NOT had any ties to 9/11.... and that our presence there was only exacerbating a terrible situation.....

we caused a civil war.

we have started a sectarian war that even the King of Jordan today said may very well spread to Lebanon and the Palestinian territories.... we have allowed islamic extremists a toehold in Iraq where Saddam would NEVER allow them... and we have allowed Iran to flex its muscles in the region in ways they never would have even contemplated with Saddam as their neighbor.

Stupid war. Counterproductive war.... and you want to keep throwing young american men into that meat grinder in hopes that maybe with another 20 or 30K dead and wounded, we might turn some imaginary corner and somehow make the sacrifices of those already dead in that theater somehow more meaningful? They died serving their country! Their sacrifice will always be meaningful even if the foreign policy they were sent to enforce was misguided.

To watch and read the MSM you would think everything is going to hell. The way they show it I'm surprised we don't have 50,000 dead and hundreds of thousands wounded.

Most of the fighting and murders are going on in baghdad. That's not iraq, the rest of the country is relatively passive. The MSM and the libs want this war lost, why? Just so they can say "I told you So". They all hate America and want it taken down. Then they can gloat as they are beheaded.

The soviets are gone, the enemy that has replaced them is much more viciuos and deadly enemy that isn't interested in being your friend. They want you to submit or die. Of course which group you submit too is importaant too. If you submit to sunni you will be killed by shea, if you submit to shea you will be killed by sunni. If your gay, forget it. You die period.

Pulling out of iraq would simply give the islamist a base to continue their attacks from. ANd would turn it into a taliban type society. The libs and MSM want the US to lose so badly they can't see what the results would be for themselves.

You'd be hard pressed to call me a lib, but I sure as shit do NOT like what is happening in Iraq, and I can see that things are getting worse. Answer me honestly, do you like the way things are going in Iraq? Are you pleased? Is it a good expenditure of our blood and treasure?

And keep in mind, this is nation building, and nation building is not a conservative idea. Think outside the party.

You'd be hard pressed to call me a lib, but I sure as shit do NOT like what is happening in Iraq, and I can see that things are getting worse. Answer me honestly, do you like the way things are going in Iraq? Are you pleased? Is it a good expenditure of our blood and treasure?

And keep in mind, this is nation building, and nation building is not a conservative idea. Think outside the party.

I don't consider you a lib beefy. Things are not as bad as the media portrays them. Things are going as they will in iraq. The way to win is to get a true government established there. And surpressing the shites and sunnis will be necessary to do that. Also we need to kill sadr. The war with saddam ended a long time ago. We are fighting a different war now that just happens to be in iraq. We are also fighting in afganhistan where there has been a lot of fighting not carried by the media. why not? because the media and the libs want the US to be defeated in iraq so they can gloat. Its just another front on the war with islam as is the Israeli conflict. And its going to get a lot bigger before it is settled.

Anytime you go into a country and remove the government in power and start a new one its nation building.

I'm not in the party. I'm an independant athiest conservative.

I don't consider you a lib beefy. Things are not as bad as the media portrays them. Things are going as they will in iraq. The way to win is to get a true government established there. And surpressing the shites and sunnis will be necessary to do that. Also we need to kill sadr. The war with saddam ended a long time ago. We are fighting a different war now that just happens to be in iraq. We are also fighting in afganhistan where there has been a lot of fighting not carried by the media. why not? because the media and the libs want the US to be defeated in iraq so they can gloat. Its just another front on the war with islam as is the Israeli conflict. And its going to get a lot bigger before it is settled.

Anytime you go into a country and remove the government in power and start a new one its nation building.

I'm not in the party. I'm an independant athiest conservative.

Things ARE going badly in Iraq. This is a failed mission. Whether you agree with the media's portrayal of this war is immaterial. Things are a disaster over there regardless of which media you watch. Its a freaking zoo, and its getting worse by the minute.

If we are fighting a "different war" in Iraq now than the one we started (and yes, it is an absolute that it is a war the WE started), then it is a war born of the one we started.

The carnage, the ugliness, the death, destruction and inbattling in Iraq, is a direct result of our truly failed plan of staying the course. We've created more war, and we've reduced the amount of peace in the world. This is not, nor has ever been a war that advances peace.

We are there now, with about 3000- dead and 20,000 wounded, many without hands, feet, arms and legs. And there's many times that dead and maimed Iraqis. We can "stay the course" or never disgrace our "honor", and spill the blood of countless other people, including our own. Or we can leave, and let them spill countless gallons of their own blood. Its a fine mess we've created and we're now in. A fine mess. How many more of our guys is it worth? Victory is intangible. There's no such thing. Only more dead people. How many more?

I really could care less how many iraqis die. And if it was just a matter of pull out and let them fight until they are all dead I would have no problem there either. But what would happen is a war between the shites and the sunnis and one side or the other would win, probably the shites as they are more numerous and supported by iran. An iranian style and controlled government would be established. terror camps would be set up and pressure would be put on syria and saudi arabia. Inserection would begin in those countries and jordan as well. The sunni's will be subjigated and the caliphate will be established.

The only way to prevent this is having US troops in iraq and building up a strong iraqi government.

Also the media supports the islamists by showing only the attacks and murders there, many reports of which are false. This is done to reduce the will of the American people, something you have obviously fallen for yourself. The islamist know that Americans won't stand for a long drawn out war and the democrat victory makes them think they can win if they keep up the assaults. They are using the lessons of vietnam and the dems are buying right into it. The overall strategy is to draw things out as long as posible until the US gets fed up and leaves. Then like vietnam we will see slaughter, but on an even grander scale.

The mistake with going after saddam was assuming the iraqis would unite around the US and join together to rebuild their country. The second mistake was allowing sadr to live and re-establish himself.

Tell me your source that has so convinced you that the media is all lying to you. How do you know?

And do you really thing that we can, as a foreign nation, build some kind of "unified" government that can maintain power in Iraq? Explain.

Cheney said, in 1991, that it would be a DISASTER to invade Iraq. At lease SOMEONE on the right was correct during SOME period within the last two decades.

I really could care less how many iraqis die. And if it was just a matter of pull out and let them fight until they are all dead I would have no problem there either. But what would happen is a war between the shites and the sunnis and one side or the other would win, probably the shites as they are more numerous and supported by iran. An iranian style and controlled government would be established. terror camps would be set up and pressure would be put on syria and saudi arabia. Inserection would begin in those countries and jordan as well. The sunni's will be subjigated and the caliphate will be established.

The only way to prevent this is having US troops in iraq and building up a strong iraqi government.

Also the media supports the islamists by showing only the attacks and murders there, many reports of which are false. This is done to reduce the will of the American people, something you have obviously fallen for yourself. The islamist know that Americans won't stand for a long drawn out war and the democrat victory makes them think they can win if they keep up the assaults. They are using the lessons of vietnam and the dems are buying right into it. The overall strategy is to draw things out as long as posible until the US gets fed up and leaves. Then like vietnam we will see slaughter, but on an even grander scale.

The mistake with going after saddam was assuming the iraqis would unite around the US and join together to rebuild their country. The second mistake was allowing sadr to live and re-establish himself.

you guys on the right toss around terminology you have no right using because you don't know what the fuck it means. If you look at the makeup of the Islamic groups worldwide seeking to reestablish an Islamic "caliphate", you would see that they are made up nearly entirely of sunnis and not shiites. If you look at the sizes of the different sects of Islam in the middle east, you will see that shiites make up only 15% of the population. Please explain how that 15% is going to "subjegate" the other 85% and also explain why that 15% would bother to establish a "caliphate" that nearly none of them are interested in?

Back