This summer...

Jarod

Contributor
This summer I am taking my wife and kids to the border region between France and Spain, the trip will start in Barcelona, then a few days driving in the Pyrenees Mountain region making our way through Andorra, Pamplona, then a few days in San Sebastian and Bilbao. After San Sebastian we will drive to Bordeaux, then spend several days in the Dordogne region of France.

WE then turn around travel to Toulose and end up in Marseille before driving back to Barcalona for our flight home. Its a 22 day trip.

Have any of you ever been to any of these places? Any suggestions? Must see spots? Recommendations?

This summer I am taking my wife and kids to the border region between France and Spain, the trip will start in Barcelona, then a few days driving in the Pyrenees Mountain region making our way through Andorra, Pamplona, then a few days in San Sebastian and Bilbao. After San Sebastian we will drive to Bordeaux, then spend several days in the Dordogne region of France.

WE then turn around travel to Toulose and end up in Marseille before driving back to Barcalona for our flight home. Its a 22 day trip.

Have any of you ever been to any of these places? Any suggestions? Must see spots? Recommendations?

Love that part of the world, you should find some time to go through the Vaucluse département the heart of Provence. Avignon is a must see followed by Chateauneuf du Pape, Luberon and Ventoux. Don't go in August, that is when the whole of the North ups sticks and heads south.

Sent from my iPhone 10S

Last edited:
Love that part of the world, you should find some time to go through the Vaucluse department in the heart of Provence. Avignon is a must see followed by Chateauneuf du Pape, Luberon and Ventoux. Don't go in August, that is when the whole of the North ups sticks and heads south.

Sent from my iPhone 10S

Going June 3. The day after school lets out.

Love that part of the world, you should find some time to go through the Vaucluse department in the heart of Provence. Avignon is a must see followed by Chateauneuf du Pape, Luberon and Ventoux. Don't go in August, that is when the whole of the North ups sticks and heads south.

Sent from my iPhone 10S

THanks for the info, Ill look up those ideas.

Sounds lovely!

Sounds lovely!

I hope so, its going to be quite a trip... camping and air b&b's no hotels. I have a friend in the Dordogne region who has a 10 acre horse farm so we are staying a few days with her. My 9 year old LOVES horses, that was the start of the idea for the trip.

I hope so, its going to be quite a trip... camping and air b&b's no hotels. I have a friend in the Dordogne region who has a 10 acre horse farm so we are staying a few days with her. My 9 year old LOVES horses, that was the start of the idea for the trip.
Be safe and enjoy!

Back