Thompson can't win

uscitizen

Villified User
Thompson Is Sparse on Policy Positions

Aug 17, 3:29 AM (ET)

By LIZ SIDOTI

WASHINGTON (AP) - Republicans rushing to embrace Fred Thompson's would-be presidential candidacy might have trouble figuring out what he would do if he actually won the White House.

On most public policy issues, the former Tennessee senator and "Law & Order" actor has offered few, if any, specifics. Even on the dominant issue of the 2008 campaign - the war in Iraq - Thompson has carefully stopped short of wading into what he would do about the conflict should he inherit it, although he has generally backed President Bush.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070817/D8R2KTM00.html

And before any of the righties say it. yes he is not officially running yet. He seems pretty wussy on it to me. Or maybe it is a rovian plan where freddy will jump in and save the day for the republicans ?

Hey here I am I look serious and am in hollywood, what more could America want ?
:D

Thompson Is Sparse on Policy Positions

"I love Fred Thompson, but I don't know why!" -- Average republican primary voter rube.

He can't win because he associates and is funded by the same people that pushed Bush. If he does he pretty much insures a D Presidency, if it isn't already insured....

He can't win because he associates and is funded by the same people that pushed Bush. If he does he pretty much insures a D Presidency, if it isn't already insured....
I dunno , people are pretty stupid, they reelected boosh.
And about 30% have still not figured it out.

I agree.

At this point, I honestly thing the strongest dude the GOP could put up is Romney. And that's pretty sad, given that he's totally phony and merely a one term governor.

But, oddly enough, he'd be the republican I'd find least distasteful if he got elected. I think he's probably really a moderate, pretending to be a fire breathing NeoCon to the primary base.

Non-Candidate Thompson Campaigns in Iowa

Aug 17, 4:02 PM (ET)

By MIKE GLOVER

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Republican Fred Thompson urged patience on Iraq and declared himself unabashedly opposed to abortion as the all-but-declared candidate behaved like one Friday, campaigning in Iowa and visiting the state fair.

"Keep your powder dry," he told activists as he launched his one-day swing in the early voting state, sounding a series of conservative themes.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070817/D8R2VUGG0.html

yes and I suspect the republican spin machine is goung to trot him out as the saviour of the party. I expect Rove will be controlling his run from behind the scenes.

Back