Thread banning

Teflon Don

I'm back baby
I have been gone for a while. Has the feature been removed?

I did quite enjoy the feature. Most notably because it came about solely because of some JPP harpies complaining about me and the Mods tried to appease them. Then same said Harpies complained about being thread banned from my threads. Those were good times

Also it seems there is a time limit between posting. My guess is that is the Evince rule?

• Haha
Reactions: TOP
The new software does not have the ability to make it so users can threadban. If you want to threadban someone you will need to ask, and it will be case by case.

Folks have been using the more powerful ignore feature instead. So far I've had only one request to threadban someone from a thread.

The new software does not have the ability to make it so users can threadban. If you want to threadban someone you will need to ask, and it will be case by case.

Folks have been using the more powerful ignore feature instead. So far I've had only one request to threadban someone from a thread.
Yes. Putting people on ignore is efficient. Does not matter to me if people I have on ignore post on my threads.

Tell me more of this new powerful ignore feature.

Tell me more of this new powerful ignore feature.

You hover over people's icons with your mouse, and you should see something like this:
Screen Shot 2024-07-25 at 1.33.38 a.m..png

Near the bottom left, you can see the "Ignore" button. You click on it and at that point, you will no longer see that person's posts.

Personally, I preferred the thread ban feature. With the thread ban feature, threads one created could kind of be seen as akin to one's home: you get to decide who's not allowed in. Ignore just means that -you- can't see what someone else is posting in your thread. Everyone else can still see it. Now, most forums I've been in have been using XForo for a while now, but these other forums have stricter moderation rules, so that compensated. Here, pretty loose moderation, which can be problematic.

Now, I'll admit I haven't had much of a problem since I started using the new forum software here, but I also haven't been posting that much here and I don't think I've made many if any new threads since Xen Foro started here...

Put folks on ignore, you are no longer notified if they quote you or react to your post, etc. It's like they just go away.
That is an improvement, but from what I can remember what was ideal about thread banning is that it kept people like Evince from tarding up your threads. To be fair I haven't been back long enough to know if that is still an issue or not.

And to also be fair, I will be the first to admit that I took thread banning to the extreme. To be sure I am not angling for it to come back, but it did have its usefulness and I will never tire of the irony of it being created for Rana, Darla and Christie because of me and then they complained about it the most when they got thread banned.

That is an improvement, but from what I can remember what was ideal about thread banning is that it kept people like Evince from tarding up your threads. To be fair I haven't been back long enough to know if that is still an issue or not.
Once you click on "ignore" you never see that person's posts.

Back