Tiger King needs to do prison time

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Federal Officials Seized 69 Animals From Jeff Lowe's "Tiger King" Park

--- Prosecutors accuse Jeff and Lauren Lowe of mistreating and abusing the animals ---

Federal law enforcement officers seized 69 big cats from Tiger King Park, the Justice Department said Thursday, and accused owners Jeff and Lauren Lowe — who were featured in Netflix's Tiger King docuseries — of a litany of Endangered Species Act violations.

Authorities seized 46 tigers, 7 lions, 15 lion-tiger hybrids, and 1 jaguar that were being abused and mistreated by the couple at their facility in Thackerville, Oklahoma, prosecutors said.

According to the Justice Department, officials have conducted three inspections on the park since December 2020, during which the Lowes received citations for "failing to provide the animals with adequate or timely veterinary care, appropriate nutrition, and shelter that protects them from inclement weather and is of sufficient size to allow them to engage in normal behavior."

Prosecutors also accuse the couple of failing to comply with a court-ordered requirement that they hire a qualified veterinarian and provide ongoing, adequate medical care to the animals.

Oklahoma must have weak animal abuse laws

It apparently took the federal Department of Justice to save these animals when the State of Oklahoma couldn't be bothered.

One of the few things I give Vladimir Putin credit for is conservation practices for the Siberian tiger.

How the Siberian tiger was brought back from the brink of extinction

The forests of Russia’s Far East evoke a strange feeling, one that most Europeans have not been forced to consider for centuries. It is the sensation of being watched; of unseen menace lurking between the trees. Ultimately, it is the realisation that you are among predators, and being contemplated as either a rival or prey.
<snip>

They call this boreal wilderness the taiga in Russian, forests sprawling hundreds of miles from the North Korean border up towards the Arctic. They are home to a vast collection of flora and fauna and, above all, predators. An estimated 95 per cent of the world’s population of Amur (or Siberian) tigers live here.

Up to 10ft long, larger, heavier and stronger than their Asian cousins, they are the undisputed rulers of the forest; their orange, black and white pelts enable them to move like ghosts between the trees.

In recent years the tiger protectors have found themselves a powerful ally: the Russian president Vladimir Putin, who has come to regard the Amur tiger as a potent symbol of national pride. The Russian government has agreed to restrict logging in Amur tiger habitat and a presidential order in 2011 banned logging of Korean pine (although, over the past five years enough illegal wood from other species was logged to fill 400 miles of railways carriages).

At the same time, it has has also increased penalties for poaching and possession of tiger parts. Putin nowadays rarely wastes a photo opportunity with a tiger, and a few years ago state media reported he had personally immobilised one with a tranquilliser dart as it charged towards a nearby camera crew – although no footage of the deed exists.

continued https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...nk-extinction/
wNSSuQ6.jpg

Federal Officials Seized 69 Animals From Jeff Lowe's "Tiger King" Park

--- Prosecutors accuse Jeff and Lauren Lowe of mistreating and abusing the animals ---

Federal law enforcement officers seized 69 big cats from Tiger King Park, the Justice Department said Thursday, and accused owners Jeff and Lauren Lowe — who were featured in Netflix's Tiger King docuseries — of a litany of Endangered Species Act violations.

Authorities seized 46 tigers, 7 lions, 15 lion-tiger hybrids, and 1 jaguar that were being abused and mistreated by the couple at their facility in Thackerville, Oklahoma, prosecutors said.

According to the Justice Department, officials have conducted three inspections on the park since December 2020, during which the Lowes received citations for "failing to provide the animals with adequate or timely veterinary care, appropriate nutrition, and shelter that protects them from inclement weather and is of sufficient size to allow them to engage in normal behavior."

Prosecutors also accuse the couple of failing to comply with a court-ordered requirement that they hire a qualified veterinarian and provide ongoing, adequate medical care to the animals.

He's already in prison.

I guess I do not keep up with popular culture, but this Jeff Lowe guy is not in prison, and to my knowlege has not even been indicted for a crime relating to the events of Thursday this week.

The original Tiger King, Joe Exotic, is or was in prison. I haven't seen that about Jeff Lowe.

It apparently took the federal Department of Justice to save these animals when the State of Oklahoma couldn't be bothered.

I wonder what will become of these wonderful creatures. As for that asshat and his wife, may they rot in prison. One with inadequate food, shelter, and medical care.

I wonder what will become of these wonderful creatures. As for that asshat and his wife, may they rot in prison. One with inadequate food, shelter, and medical care.
I am thinking we should consider breaking out the Iron Maiden.

Hopefully some legitimate wildlife sanctuaries will adopt these kitties.

Back