Tillman

Cancel7

Banned
Have you guys seen this? I first saw it on Olbermann last night. I mean by now, everybody knew that Tillman was a victim of friendly fire and it was covered up. But it seems that there are a lot of really legitimate questions about even that. That the guy was actually murdered by his own troops. This is really crazy stuff.

AP: New details on Tillman's death By MARTHA MENDOZA, AP National Writer
Thu Jul 26, 7:59 PM ET

Army medical examiners were suspicious about the close proximity of the three bullet holes in Pat Tillman's forehead and tried without success to get authorities to investigate whether the former NFL player's death amounted to a crime, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

"The medical evidence did not match up with the, with the scenario as described," a doctor who examined Tillman's body after he was killed on the battlefield in Afghanistan in 2004 told investigators.

The doctors — whose names were blacked out — said that the bullet holes were so close together that it appeared the Army Ranger was cut down by an M-16 fired from a mere 10 yards or so away.

Ultimately, the Pentagon did conduct a criminal investigation, and asked Tillman's comrades whether he was disliked by his men and whether they had any reason to believe he was deliberately killed. The Pentagon eventually ruled that Tillman's death at the hands of his comrades was a friendly-fire accident.

The medical examiners' suspicions were outlined in 2,300 pages of testimony released to the AP this week by the Defense Department in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

Among other information contained in the documents:

• In his last words moments before he was killed, Tillman snapped at a panicky comrade under fire to shut up and stop "sniveling."

• Army attorneys sent each other congratulatory e-mails for keeping criminal investigators at bay as the Army conducted an internal friendly-fire investigation that resulted in administrative, or non-criminal, punishments.

• The three-star general who kept the truth about Tillman's death from his family and the public told investigators some 70 times that he had a bad memory and couldn't recall details of his actions.

• No evidence at all of enemy fire was found at the scene — no one was hit by enemy fire, nor was any government equipment struck.

The Pentagon and the Bush administration have been criticized in recent months for lying about the circumstances of Tillman's death. The military initially told the public and the Tillman family that he had been killed by enemy fire. Only weeks later did the Pentagon acknowledge he was gunned down by fellow Rangers.

With questions lingering about how high in the Bush administration the deception reached, Congress is preparing for yet another hearing next week.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070726...e&printer=1;_ylt=Agu29CSr8M8yQ3oqtvP0FAVH2ocA

This would really suck, if it were true. Unfortunately, I think the Tillman family has long suspected that Pat was intentionally fragged.

I can't imagine someone intentionally killing a fellow soldier. No wonder this story never died.

I can't imagine someone intentionally killing a fellow soldier. No wonder this story never died.

Sheer speculation: Tillman was blabbing about how the iraq war was "fucking illegal", and how he was a fan of Noam Chomsky.

There's a few crazed bottleborne type dudes in the military, that might take that the wrong way. I mean, Bottleborne literally considers Democrats and code pink his "enemy".

Have you guys seen this? I first saw it on Olbermann last night. I mean by now, everybody knew that Tillman was a victim of friendly fire and it was covered up. But it seems that there are a lot of really legitimate questions about even that. That the guy was actually murdered by his own troops. This is really crazy stuff.

AP: New details on Tillman's death By MARTHA MENDOZA, AP National Writer
Thu Jul 26, 7:59 PM ET

Army medical examiners were suspicious about the close proximity of the three bullet holes in Pat Tillman's forehead and tried without success to get authorities to investigate whether the former NFL player's death amounted to a crime, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

"The medical evidence did not match up with the, with the scenario as described," a doctor who examined Tillman's body after he was killed on the battlefield in Afghanistan in 2004 told investigators.

The doctors — whose names were blacked out — said that the bullet holes were so close together that it appeared the Army Ranger was cut down by an M-16 fired from a mere 10 yards or so away.

Ultimately, the Pentagon did conduct a criminal investigation, and asked Tillman's comrades whether he was disliked by his men and whether they had any reason to believe he was deliberately killed. The Pentagon eventually ruled that Tillman's death at the hands of his comrades was a friendly-fire accident.

The medical examiners' suspicions were outlined in 2,300 pages of testimony released to the AP this week by the Defense Department in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

Among other information contained in the documents:

• In his last words moments before he was killed, Tillman snapped at a panicky comrade under fire to shut up and stop "sniveling."

• Army attorneys sent each other congratulatory e-mails for keeping criminal investigators at bay as the Army conducted an internal friendly-fire investigation that resulted in administrative, or non-criminal, punishments.

• The three-star general who kept the truth about Tillman's death from his family and the public told investigators some 70 times that he had a bad memory and couldn't recall details of his actions.

• No evidence at all of enemy fire was found at the scene — no one was hit by enemy fire, nor was any government equipment struck.

The Pentagon and the Bush administration have been criticized in recent months for lying about the circumstances of Tillman's death. The military initially told the public and the Tillman family that he had been killed by enemy fire. Only weeks later did the Pentagon acknowledge he was gunned down by fellow Rangers.

With questions lingering about how high in the Bush administration the deception reached, Congress is preparing for yet another hearing next week.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070726...e&printer=1;_ylt=Agu29CSr8M8yQ3oqtvP0FAVH2ocA
Very unsettling news, to say th least

Apparently his last words were something like "Shutup and quit your whining"

http://news.bostonherald.com/national/west/view.bg?articleid=1014026

"He never would have called me ’sniveling,’" O’Neal said. "I don’t remember ever speaking to this chaplain, and I find this characterization of Pat really upsetting. He never once degraded me. He’s the only person I ever worked for who didn’t degrade anyone. He wasn’t that sort of person."
=========
Who ya gonna believe, you're left wing blogs or the guy that was at Tillmans side when it happened....

I have been having a two day long arguement on the usmessage board with cons who are refusing to accept the Army medical examiners report and telling me they were in the service and know better than a team of forensicly trained Drs who were trained in army equipment and procedures.

It is amazing the complete lack of rational thought some people are capable of when they feel their political beliefs dont jive with fact.

I have been having a two day long arguement on the usmessage board with cons who are refusing to accept the Army medical examiners report and telling me they were in the service and know better than a team of forensicly trained Drs who were trained in army equipment and procedures.

It is amazing the complete lack of rational thought some people are capable of when they feel their political beliefs dont jive with fact.

O’Neal said the shooters were "close, close enough for me to recognize them, but they sure weren’t 10 yards away. They were further than that. I’ve thought about this plenty of times. They wouldn’t have been more than 50 yards away."
--
So...do you believe the guy that was THERE or MD's making a guess .....
Its your political beliefs that don't jive with facts from a freekin' EYE WITNESS that was at Tillmans side when it went down....why? because you're a hack...

Do you have any understanding of what a forensic examination can reveal?

why is it people cant grasp science?

Back