Tim Walz calls for scrapping of electoral college to decide US presidential race

I get the idea that the idea of doing away with the EC has lost steam as it is now seen as the last line of defense if election rigging were to somehow fail.

Tim Walz, the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, has called for the electoral college system of electing US presidents to be abolished and replaced with a popular vote principle, as operates in most democracies.

He’s correct, but ain’t ever happening, with States like Wyoming and others disproportionately represented in Washington they are never going to surrender their power

Other countries don't understand how someone can lose the popular vote handily, and still win an election.

And Republicans never win the popular anymore.

Oh,....believe you me, after POTUS TRUMP returns we are going to be scrapping a whole lot of things. Not the E.C though.... ;)

Tim Walz, the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, has called for the electoral college system of electing US presidents to be abolished and replaced with a popular vote principle, as operates in most democracies.

It'll never happen since 3/4s of the states won't ratify it. No big surprise why.

Oh,....believe you me, after POTUS TRUMP returns we are going to be scrapping a whole lot of things. Not the E.C though.... ;)
YEP Trump will be scraping things like the CONSTITUTION .
Trump has already said he will be going on a revenge tour doing everything a DICTATOR would do , jailing his political opponents, taking left leaning peoples Constitutional rights away, going after and shutting down left leaning MSM outlets taking peoples first Amendment rights away .
YOU are 100 % right we will be scraping the USA as we know it now and turning it into the Dictatorship of America.
And as I have asked you MAGA just what are you going to do after Trump is done stomping on left leaning peoples CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS and comes after YOURS ?
CRY?
I can hear it now " WE NEVER thought he would come after our Constitutional rights we helped put him in office.

It'll never happen since 3/4s of the states won't ratify it. No big surprise why.
It will never happen because Republicans have seen in the last couple of Presidential elections the popular vote went to the Dems by several millions on votes, and they don't want to be blown out so bad they get humiliated.
have a nice day

We? You think you are immune from Trumpism? You idiots think Trump gives a shit about you. I guess being conned is a bad drug.

It will never happen because Republicans have seen in the last couple of Presidential elections the popular vote went to the Dems by several millions on votes, and they don't want to be blown out so bad they get humiliated.
have a nice day
That would be their motivation but not the reason why 39 states would never ratify it. They don't want to be dominated by a handful of the most populous states.

One doesn't have to be a statistician to guess which states would vote for it and which would not. If more than 11 states vote against it, it won't pass.

United%20States%20Population%20Map.jpg

Back