Title IX - Cal Cuts Baseball and Rugby

cawacko

How does a Pac 10 team that has been playing baseball since 1892 cut its baseball team? What a joke. And Cal rugby has won 25 titles since 1980 and they get downgraded to varsity club' whatever that is. So overall to cut costs 118 dudes and 45 women lose their sport.

Seriously though baseball and rugby? Title IX served its purpose at the time. It got women playing sports and allowed them to play in college when they often couldn't. 30 years later it has done its job and now needs to be revoked. I grew up right next to Berkeley and I loved Cal but I laugh at that state of California school now.

My son wouldn't be in Wisconsin now if not for title IX.
Every school in the south killed wrestling, He'd be wrestling for LSU who had a nationally ranked team, instead of the cheeseheads.

My son wouldn't be in Wisconsin now if not for title IX.
Every school in the south killed wrestling, He'd be wrestling for LSU who had a nationally ranked team, instead of the cheeseheads.

How did Title IX benefit your son?

How did Title IX benefit your son?

It didn't benefit them at all. They both went to Iowa to wrestle becuse LSU dropped thier team in with the start of title IX.
It sucked big time, I've driven from Nawlins to Iowa and Minn too many times to count.

How does a Pac 10 team that has been playing baseball since 1892 cut its baseball team? What a joke. And Cal rugby has won 25 titles since 1980 and they get downgraded to varsity club' whatever that is. So overall to cut costs 118 dudes and 45 women lose their sport.

Seriously though baseball and rugby? Title IX served its purpose at the time. It got women playing sports and allowed them to play in college when they often couldn't. 30 years later it has done its job and now needs to be revoked. I grew up right next to Berkeley and I loved Cal but I laugh at that state of California school now.
What makes you think they can be trusted to give Women their fair cut of the pie?

It didn't benefit them at all. They both went to Iowa to wrestle becuse LSU dropped thier team in with the start of title IX.
It sucked big time, I've driven from Nawlins to Iowa and Minn too many times to count.

Oh oh my bad. Got it.

What makes you think they can be trusted to give Women their fair cut of the pie?

What's their fair share? We know where most schools athletic revenue comes from and that's football. Football also has the most players of any sport I believe. Therefore the meet Title IX quotas some mens sports must be cut.

the woman get equal spots as men, which is bullshit. Nowhere near as many woman are into or play sports.
I've had Dad's tell me all a girl has to do is pick up a golf club for a scholarship.
Young men have got the shit end of this stick big time.

the woman get equal spots as men, which is bullshit. Nowhere near as many woman are into or play sports.
I've had Dad's tell me all a girl has to do is pick up a golf club for a scholarship.
Young men have got the shit end of this stick big time.
As usual, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I know women who are National Champions and former Olympians and none of them ever got a fucking scholarship dime in college.

The only reason for Rugby is that it gives fat guys a chance to call themselves athletes.

I've never played rugby but the club I belong to has a travelling rugby team which includes ex-NFL players on it. I've seen them play. To say they are fat and not athletes is to not have seen them play.

I've never played rugby but the club I belong to has a travelling rugby team which includes ex-NFL players on it. I've seen them play. To say they are fat and not athletes is to not have seen them play.
I never said that they were all fat, but fat guys do play it and can excel by using their weight. What other sport can make that claim?

Back